Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: UTINNIII's Unique Universes Vol 2

Smile UTINNIII's Unique Universes Vol 2

It's been awhile since I had time to work on anything, especially a diorama. However, I've slowly been working on some interior rooms based off of the Disney's Haunted Mansion ride. I'm not trying to recreate the ride exactly and I will use different elements from the different parks. I'll also add generally creepy stuff.

It is 1:18 scale made for my Horror figures.
    I finally have something worth posting.

First, I gathered some objects I hope to put in it. As I've wanted to make this for years, I've accumulated quite a bit.

One idea for the ride as it was originally conceived was as a Museum of the Weird. I may add some strange things in it, space permitting.

I spent quite a bit of time making tiles of the various wallpapers that I want to use. I did as best as my skills allowed.
    There will be 3 rooms, 2 hallways with one room taking elements from a couple of different rooms in the mansion.

The first pic has a hallway with a Schliech Knight. Behind it will be a Library/Sitting room/Ballroom/Stretch room.
    I'm not really making blueprints so this room will be built last.

This will be the Corridor of Doors.

The wall will be removable, revealing a Conservatory. I printed out a free model of the Coffin. Making the window was pretty hard. I haven't quite decided if I want to put glass in it or not. I will need to decide that before I permanently attach the walls. My main concern is adding it will make photographing it more difficult.

The wallpaper is different from the ride, partly because I couldn't find a good picture of it, but also because I wanted to use the paper I chose.

The attic is the room I'm most excited to build. It has an insane amount of detail, even before adding the clutter. It has a lot of woodwork. Getting the gable built was surprisingly difficult.

This picture shows it only half finished. I still need to add the support beams.

Currently, I'm making a bunch of books, magazines, records and comics to put in the attic.
    Last edited by Daigo_Bah; 06-15-2019 at 06:23 PM.

Good work! The attic especially looks impressive. Walls and floor are pretty realistic. You could glue the printed out walls to thick card, that way, they won't bent. Cool items. It's always nice to see the arc of the covenant and the carpets look truly awesome.

I know this isn't meant to be Star Wars, but an Adventure with Luke and Co in a haunted castle seems like a fun idea to me
    Project "Ghost Stories" - Building Star Wars: Rebels Playsets: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140437
    Picture Blog: https://projectghoststories.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreOne View Post
    Good work! The attic especially looks impressive. Walls and floor are pretty realistic. You could glue the printed out walls to thick card, that way, they won't bent. Cool items. It's always nice to see the arc of the covenant and the carpets look truly awesome.

I know this isn't meant to be Star Wars, but an Adventure with Luke and Co in a haunted castle seems like a fun idea to me
    The attic is really what got me to finally start this diorama. Later I will post a pic of the attic in the actual attraction so you can see how close it looks.

None of the wallpaper is fixed yet so it will look much better when I finally attach it.

I never had a problem with mixing Star Wars with other genres so a haunted mansion just seems fun for me as well!

Thanks! The Conservatory is almost done. I made the marble risers in the back as well as put in the floor and wallpapers. I need to do a few touch ups as well as finish off the coffin.
    The walls but not the ceiling are permanently attached.
    I recruited Hera to help me with the build.

I put in a few more support beams for the gable. I also added windows. Since the reflection is so obvious here I think I will leave the conservatory windows empty. It would be a pane in the glass to put them in anyway.

Hopefully I can do more rafters and paint them up soon.

Here are some record albums, books and posters that I made. I have more coming.

Looks great so far. You should add a Jack Sparrow as I believe ( I could be wrong) that the rides are attached in Disney Land
    This post was written is the sarcasm font. It looks like a regular font but contains sarcasm.
    Feedback BST
    I love this Bar! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU3_zzZQzx0

Quote Originally Posted by VideoViper View Post
    Looks great so far. You should add a Jack Sparrow as I believe ( I could be wrong) that the rides are attached in Disney Land
    There was an abandoned idea where there was a Mega Pirate theme in one of the parks. All over were clues that linked several rides/places together. A few of the crossover ideas might still exist in the Mansion. Several of the animatronic heads are in both rides.
    The 2 barrels in the below pic are from the "We wants the Redhead" Bride Auction scene (now changed for a more PC ride, unfortunately) so I do have a connection. I have a couple of pirate chests and nautical items as well.

The diorama has now been fully assembled and glued/taped together.

I'm adding the support beams and added another wash of brown paint. The top is done and now I need to finish up the vertical support beams. I may try to add some wood grain patterns to the ceiling.
    This came together much faster than I expected.

I have a few more books/comics/magazines. Down in the Conservatory, I ripped out a bit of the wallpaper where I will add trim. I originally didn't intend to make the gryphon/lion support pillars here but I think I will add them in. It is just a question of if I do it now or later.

I finished attaching the support beams. I need to give them a black wash still. I also added a tapestry from the ride.

The Hatbox Ghost couldn't wait to occupy his spot.

Last edited by Utinniii; 05-07-2019 at 10:39 PM.

I'm going through my attic junk. I have way more junk than space so I will have to play around with things when I can finally put things in my diorama.

I added some black "mold" to the attic and put in a few hooks for hanging junk. I have a few more hooks to put in and am on the lookout for something I can use for curtains.

I've been avoiding making the pillars for the conservatory until now. They have a lot of details that are hard for me to sculpt. I tried carving Balsa but it was unsatisfactory. If I ever learn how to use 3D modelling software I may try to do them better. I also had the problem of height. my ceiling is at least 4 feet lower so I can't have the same visual lines.

The lion heads will eventually be mounted on the ceiling.
    I also need to add a bit more lace to the curtains. I wound up cutting some lacy fabric to get the fringe. They are lots of tiny pieces glued together on a napkin.
    I still have a lot of work on the plants. I also want to make the wreathes.
    There are elements of the pet cemetery in here for now. IDK if I will keep them.

Loving this! Can't wait to see how you put all of those odds and ends to good use. Star Wars has always been a passion for me literally as long as I can remember, but I've liked spooky stuff like this since a young age, as well. Keep up the great work!

Wonderful! I love the title change to plural for "Universes" too
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah View Post
    Wonderful! I love the title change to plural for "Universes" too
    Thanks! I'd appreciate it if you added 2 iis to my title thread as I mispelled my name.

I believe you are a fan of the ride.

Today I made some frames, flowers and placed a few of the hanging objects.

Here are some Attic reference pics.

Conservatory

Last edited by Utinniii; 05-30-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast