Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: UTINNIII's Unique Universes Vol 2

Quote Originally Posted by bwize View Post
    Those are some very unique dioramas. Love all the details packed into them. I particularly enjoy the tombstones carvings, lol.
    Darkartist's photos were playsets, and not dioramas. They came like that. They are pretty remarkable playsets though.

Been enjoying this thread. Haunted mansion and Pirates OTC were my favorite rides. Your dios capture that weird vibe of the ride. Halloween is not that far off. How about a Nightmare before Christmas dio

Nightmare Before Christmas Dios

Quote Originally Posted by DagobahDweller View Post
    Been enjoying this thread. Haunted mansion and Pirates OTC were my favorite rides. Your dios capture that weird vibe of the ride. Halloween is not that far off. How about a Nightmare before Christmas dio
    You got it! It is about time I reupload my Halloween Town.

Just a quick update on my HM model

I was unhappy with my Conservatory so I got rid of it.

Just kidding! I always intended for this wall to be removable. This will be part of the Corridor of Doors.
    I also started the Endless Hallway. I did a lot of figuring out things so even though it doesn't look like much, I actually did a lot of the hard work. I have a bit more of trying to figure things out but this will go fast once I do that. It is harder/easier in some ways since I have no template for this.
    Another thing slowing me down is that I can't find 2 way mirror film. There was a time when every bodyshop had them but tinted windows aren't as popular so I haven't found any yet. I will have to look harder since I will finish this soon (or at least before Halloween).

Here are some paper doors I was considering to use but am really unhappy with. Instead, I will create one door, make a cast of it, and make several 3D doors. There is a lot of finicky work but I will be happy with the end result. There are five layers (so far). I tried to carve the designs into the posts but it didn't work out. I will add a foam layer and hopefully solve that issue.

I was also sidetracked with making these characters. I think the body is too bulky so I will have to look for something slimmer. Both are WIPs and have a of of work to do.

Duude! These Halloween and Christmas sets are incredible! There's so much stuff to explore O_O. These must have taken quite a while to put them together! You could hide waldo in there without any problems
    Project "Ghost Stories" - Building Star Wars: Rebels Playsets: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140437
    Picture Blog: https://projectghoststories.blogspot.com/

Wow, that really is a town! I love it! And you scared me for a second when you said you got rid of your conservatory. I was like, but... but... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreOne View Post
    Duude! These Halloween and Christmas sets are incredible! There's so much stuff to explore O_O. These must have taken quite a while to put them together! You could hide waldo in there without any problems
    I started in 2002 and slowly built onto it.

While I don't have Waldo in there, I do have lots of fun things to find. I have things from different franchises and one could also play, "Where in NBC did this character come from?" I have an Owl, Hag, second clown and a few others that were in the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Sceptaurus View Post
    Wow, that really is a town! I love it! And you scared me for a second when you said you got rid of your conservatory. I was like, but... but... Lol
    Sometimes you just gotta tear the whole thing down and rebuild!

I made the Knight's alcove. Like the COD, this wall is removable so I can see the room behind it.

I also painted the floor of the Endless Hallway.

I wanted to add trim but the hobby store was out of the size I needed.

Making the door in 3D is really hard. It would be so easy using a Cricut or rendering it on a 3D printer. Straight lines really slow me down. I really need to finish this before I can continue in other parts.

That being said, I also cut out the remaining walls and roughed out how I want the rest of the diorama to look. Figuring out the dimensions of the wall panels took a long time but I'm glad that is done.

I also figured out how do deal with some upcoming problems so even though there isn't much to show for it, I accomplished quite a bit.

Should have known you’d have a Nigbtmare setup. Nice collection and display

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234