Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: UTINNIII's Unique Universes Vol 2

Pretty impressive, looking very much like the reference shots. The window is perfect! Love the details like the off kilter effect.
    " what is to gain by partaking in a thread that does not concern/interest you. Say I pass and move on it's that simple" MasterFett-Bastila Shan thread-2-14-11

Looks great! The level of detail is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by yodashizzle View Post
    Pretty impressive, looking very much like the reference shots. The window is perfect! Love the details like the off kilter effect.
    Here is the best blog for reference photos and information. https://longforgottenhauntedmansion....t.com/2019/04/

That window was one thing I just had to include. I have reference photos from all 3 Mansions as well as Phantom Manor. I'm using the elements from each ride that I like the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Sky View Post
    Looks great! The level of detail is amazing!
    Thanks! I love an insane level of details. I'm building lots of little props and the number of plants I will have to make is a bit overwhelming (but I love it).

I was hoping to finish the wooden pillars this weekend, but alas... They are almost finished which makes me really happy as they have been holding me up. I feel like they took as long to make as the entire attic.

This photo also has some plants I'm arranging for the conservatory; some pots i made; a reinforced lid for the coffin - with nails!!!;
    and probably the world's smallest Lakeside Haunted Mansion game. The stand up figures are too small to see, but they are there. I had to cut out a few extras since I would lose them, every time I dropped them.

The framed picture is a sticker that changes from living to corpse. I have a few of them.
    I'm starting to make a lamp. The base is a broken ear bud, lollipop stem and a glass bead.

I've done a lot of little things that don't look like much now, but will as I start to put more things together.

I've also ordered some things off of Ebay so I will have to wait a couple of months for them to arrive.

I finally got the pillars of the conservatory done! They were holding me back but I finally pushed through and finished them off. I still have most of the plants to do.
    The Griffon is from a different part of the ride.

I also glued so more items to the attic pillars.
    You can also see that I added a bit of wood grain to the ceiling.

Most of these are finished painting. The round table is made from a tile and a Barbie chair.
    I lucked out finding some pewter chairs which I painted to look like chairs that are actually in the attic.

Once I finish painting, I should be able to move the diorama to it's proper home and then fill in the attic!

Wow! I knew you were insane, but this is a whole other level!

It is beyond amazing that you are gathering everything you need and creating this from the ground up, and the attention to detail has been impressive. I can't wait to see this come together further.

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    Thanks! I'd appreciate it if you added 2 iis to my title thread as I mispelled my name.

I believe you are a fan of the ride.

So sorry about the delay in that; I completely missed your request!
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Quote Originally Posted by Muftak View Post
    Wow! I knew you were insane, but this is a whole other level!

It is beyond amazing that you are gathering everything you need and creating this from the ground up, and the attention to detail has been impressive. I can't wait to see this come together further.
    It turns out that I have waaay too much junk! I could have made the attic twice as long. It's been fun placing the junk around though. I will probably tinker with it for several days (perhaps weeks since I have to wait for stuff coming in the mail.). I think I need to actually glue some of it down. When Hattie fell over, lots of other things got messed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Daigo_Bah View Post
    So sorry about the delay in that; I completely missed your request!
    No problemo! What do you think so far?

It's coming along great! I'm in awe of all the little (and big) things you have collected over the years. Lots of possibilities for toy photography
    Last edited by SpectreOne; 06-16-2019 at 04:54 AM.
    Project "Ghost Stories" - Building Star Wars: Rebels Playsets: https://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=1140437
    Picture Blog: https://projectghoststories.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SpectreOne View Post
    It's coming along great! I'm in awe of all the little (and big) things you have collected over the years. Lots of possibilities for toy photography
    I think I've been unwittingly collecting things for this since the 70's. I have model stuff I saved for Star Wars and D&D dioramas.
    I'm not nearly as good as a photographer as I'd like, but I wanted this to be so jam packed with stuff that people could pour through any photos and find little things.

Fans of the ride might notice much of the junk is actually in the attic somewhere, or from various artwork.

One of my earliest memories (I must have been 3 or 5) was shivering between my parents as the shadow hands crossed the demon clock. I loved the ride even then.

I'm not sure what happened to Hera, but The Phantom tried to sneak a piano into my attic!

(He doesn't know I'm making the Ballroom Organ sometime down the line.)

I've placed most of the objects. I still have bits and bobs to do still. Hattie is happy though. But a little lonely.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Utinniii View Post
    No problemo! What do you think so far?
    Um, only completely amazing! I wish I could shrink down and explore LOL
    Please read my version of the Star Wars prequels and let me know what you think!

Check out the Rebelscum Custom Dioramas Index!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast