Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Avengers: Endgame ***Spoiler Thread***

How awful to lose five years of your life and when you return you have to go back to high school.

I thought it was amazing. Dragged a bit with all the bouncing around to secure the stones but the third act was comic book heaven.
    All Things R2
    The place for current finds and just about everything R2D2 related.
    www.AllThingsR2.com

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerSean View Post
    ...the third act was comic book heaven.
    Oh, no doubt about it. I'm an old comic book nerd, and that third act had me bouncing uncontrollably in my seat. It really was a childhood dream come true to see all those characters in action on the big screen at the same time.

EDIT: I realize the MCU can't go on indefinitely in its current form. The best thing I can see them doing from this point on would be to start incorporating the X-Men and Fantastic Four, as well as expanding on the cosmic aspects of the Marvel universe. Thanos was certainly a HUGE card to play from the source material, but he's hardly the only big bad the comics have to offer. Still, if this is the end(game) for real, the payoff was worth it. It's been one awesome ride.
    Last edited by tierneygreen; 04-28-2019 at 05:39 PM.
    Darth Vader was amazed to discover that when Fett said "As you wish" what he meant was "I love you."

My Feedback

I thought this was one of the most incredible movies I've ever seen. Very emotional throughout, especially seeing Clint's family get dusted, yes, we knew it would happen, but still seeing it...

Then all the reuniting with Ant-Man and daughter, Clint hearing his family when he tested the time travel, it was well done.

It was amusing that they picked some truly messed up times to go back and try and get the stones. Obviously the times they picked tied into past movies and was a bit of fan service. But still amusing in that the stones were all in much more accessible places/times throughout the MCU timeline.
    All Things R2
    The place for current finds and just about everything R2D2 related.
    www.AllThingsR2.com

I instantly wondered about Far From Home when this ended. Unless all of Peter Parker's friends also got dusted, wouldn't he be 5 years younger than everyone he knew? And yet, they all go on this trip together, so that's the only explanation, unless it's another pre Infinity War story.

My wife told me I'm way over-thinking things, but when Bruce snapped everyone back, do they arrive in the place they got dusted? So if you're a pilot that got dusted while flying, do you pop back at 30,000 feet, with no airplane? And how about everyone that did not get dusted, but died as a direct result of the event, like passengers on planes and in cars? Were they brought back too?
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

I just assume that they accounted for all that and brought everyone back who died as a result of the snap in such a way that would not result in their deaths again.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerfherder View Post
    I instantly wondered about Far From Home when this ended. Unless all of Peter Parker's friends also got dusted, wouldn't he be 5 years younger than everyone he knew? And yet, they all go on this trip together, so that's the only explanation, unless it's another pre Infinity War story.
    Yeah, this is a big question mark right now. Fortunately we won't have to wait long to find out with Far From Home coming in a couple months.

I'm just going to jump right into the discussion. I watched it last night and I have to see what others are thinking about this. Definitely going to see it again. I find I can enjoy a movie like this much more the second time. Liked the movie overall, but there's so much to wrap your head around.
    My issues with End Game:

1) Time Travel. How many plot holes can you spot in this movie due to time travel? How does Stark solve Time Travel like it was grade school homework? What exactly is the deal with Janet Van Dyne and her existence in the Quantum Realm? Did Cap just rewrite Peggy Carter's life? Spider-Man goes back to high school 5 years later... did everyone stop going after the snap? What about those that 'moved on' within 5 years, that makes for an awkward return for a large number of people right? Didn't Loki grab the Tesseract and vanish from NY and then Cap and Tony went and stole it from many years prior? So 2 timelines where the Tesseract is missing? Why did the Ancient One give up the Time Stone...because someone she didn't know gave it up willingly to someone else she didn't know in the future? (I get that she's "the Ancient One" but doesn't this undermine what we saw in Doctor Strange)

2) Fat Thor. It was a funny gag and the inclusion of Korg and Miek was awesome, but it went too far. I get that he was a mess for a reason, but everyone lost someone. Then at the end he gives the throne to Valkyrie (unceremoniously I might add) and decides to go on the party bus with the GotG. I like the dynamic with Quill and Thor, but Thor was a mess in this movie.

3) Minor quibble with Professor Hulk. Nobody else thought the CG made him look like a cartoon most of the time? Didn't mind the character, but the look pulled me out of the movie almost every time he was onscreen.

Loved most everything else. The final battle was blinding. Cap with Mjolnir, everything with Ronin/Hawkeye, Stark was great, Captain Marvel had less of a role than expected, Nebula had a much better role than expected and her part actually made sense, the stuff with Stark and his dad, Thor and his mom, Ant-Man was used well (loved the visual of him being giant again), SO MANY things.
    Last edited by keknivek; 05-01-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by keknivek View Post
    1) Time Travel. How many plot holes can you spot in this movie due to time travel? How does Stark solve Time Travel like it was grade school homework? What exactly is the deal with Janet Van Dyne and her existence in the Quantum Realm? Did Cap just rewrite Peggy Carter's life? Spider-Man goes back to high school 5 years later... did everyone stop going after the snap? What about those that 'moved on' within 5 years, that makes for an awkward return for a large number of people right? Didn't Loki grab the Tesseract and vanish from NY and then Cap and Tony went and stole it from many years prior? So 2 timelines where the Tesseract is missing? Why did the Ancient One give up the Time Stone...because someone she didn't know gave it up willingly to someone else she didn't know in the future? (I get that she's "the Ancient One" but doesn't this undermine what we saw in Doctor Strange)
    We were never told who Peggy was married to, maybe it was Cap this whole time? The high school was weird and I had an issue with Loki stealing the tesseract. Not sure how that didn't create a larger issue. I was fine with the Ancient One, she always knew Dr Strange was the next coming and said he was the best of them. Once she learned he gave it up, she was good with it.

2) Fat Thor. It was a funny gag and the inclusion of Korg and Miek was awesome, but it went too far. I get that he was a mess for a reason, but everyone lost someone. Then at the end he gives the throne to Valkyrie (unceremoniously I might add) and decides to go on the party bus with the GotG. I like the dynamic with Quill and Thor, but Thor was a mess in this movie.
    I loved every aspect of fat Thor. I had no issues with it and added levity that was needed.

3) Minor quibble with Professor Hulk. Nobody else thought the CG made him look like a cartoon most of the time? Didn't mind the character, but the look pulled me out of the movie almost every time he was onscreen.
    I had a quibble with Smart Hulk too. In retrospect he looked too small and kind of Shrek-ish. I missed the dynamic of the split personality.

Overall loved the movie. I have seen it twice and it loses some impact on second viewing, but still think it was a fitting end to whatever phase it was...
    Last edited by DMESS; 05-01-2019 at 03:59 PM.

https://www.syfy.com/syfywire/is-bac...dgame-suggests

This helps with the timeline questions, but not Old Cap... that was either a mistake or just not explained ... yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=XayNKY944lY < Also this... which is a very short video that makes some sense.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast