Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mouse droid not in original print of Star Wars?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious_Fan View Post
    never heard of this before it's entirely possible due to the way that films were distributed back in the 70s ie a slow release where they could make changes to the print based on audience reactions.

that or you traveled to a parallel earth
    It's mentioned at the top of this page but I am beginning to think it was something people believed and posted as fact to the internet and may not have been true: https://originaltrilogy.com/topic/Th...-films/id/7556

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt60 View Post
    I've never heard of this.

there were three different versions available to watch in theaters : mono, stereo and dolby. they each had differences in the dialog.

(for example 3PO's line :"the tractor beam is coupled to the main reactor in seven locations, a power loss at one of the terminals will allow the ship to leave" was NOT present in the mono version -- it was added later).
    I thought that line was added for the Special Edition?
    I have the old THX re-mastered box set on VHS, and that line wasn't in there, but it is on the Special Editions that I have.
    If I recall correctly, I don't think it's in the original theatrical version that came out on DVD as a multi-disc set with the second versions of the Special Editions.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Goji View Post
    I thought that line was added for the Special Edition?
    I have the old THX re-mastered box set on VHS, and that line wasn't in there, but it is on the Special Editions that I have.
    If I recall correctly, I don't think it's in the original theatrical version that came out on DVD as a multi-disc set with the second versions of the Special Editions.
    Are the missing lines being spoken by C-3PO offscreen while the viewer sees a closeup of the monitor with Death Star schematics being shown? I recall there being a long section of quiet time there which always seemed awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by ZevSenesca View Post
    Are the missing lines being spoken by C-3PO offscreen while the viewer sees a closeup of the monitor with Death Star schematics being shown? I recall there being a long section of quiet time there which always seemed awkward.
    Yep, that's the one.
    The website you posted in the "Cloudcar / ESB" thread talks about this scene too.
    Apparently 3POp's dialog was constantly being added and removed throughout the years, but is part of the very first original cut of the film, along with the Stormtrooper saying "Close the blast doors!", which was also cut out, before being added back in. I thought that line was new for the SE too, but it really wasn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12