Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Focus Collectors

Focus Collectors

Hello. I have a question for those who focus collect. What figure do you focus on, and why? For those who don't, which figure do you have more of than others?

I do focus collect; but am not focused on any permanent character. My focus collecting is sporadic. I focused on the First Order Snowtrooper for a long time. Then, Greedo for a few months. After him, Zuckuss. From Zuckuss to the TIE Fighter Pilot. It's about whatever character I'm really feeling at the time. It's not always easy; especially if you get small, minor characters in your mind. I really love the Imperial Dignitary (Sim Aloo) and Brock Starsher; for examples. The Dignitary has very, very little merchandise out there. Starsher next to nothing. So it can be frustrating. Oddly, the more items a character has, the less I find it appealing to focus collect them. I absolutely love Luke, Vader; all those main guys, and you could spend a lifetime collecting either one of them alone; but it doesn't interest me as much. I seem to lean to characters that are there and gone in a flash or select troop types.
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumpth? I think you overestimate their chances!"

I don't really "Focus" collect, but I do really like the Biker Scout figure. I have several loose, as well as several loose and boxed speeder bikes. A sealed baggie and a carded Trilogo. It's the figure I have the most of, other than Stormtroopers. I seriously doubt I'll ever evolve it into owning any pre production items or anything like that, but I would like to add a couple more carded examples.

i focus in a different way. rather than just be a horder and have 90 identical figures,i buy different versions much how i army build.
    the wayi army build is again not buy buying duplicates but multiple versions
    i have about 12 or so different potf2 stormtroopers none of them are the same.
    with gi joe i have a few different versions of cobra troopers again they are all unique.

for me its probably leia if i focus on anyone. most of my "focusing" has been in the 6 inch line though. i just have a greater love and appreciation for leia now that carrie is gone so i like having various leia figures from all the differant medias: vintage,potf2, black series and so on.
    but if i chose a single figure then its bespin luke i still need a blaster for him to complete him though. right now im kind of on hiatus with star wars. theres not much left to do in vintage.
    i need bwing pilot, wicket,farm luke and jawa as well as the rebo band and the last 16 (ive got anakin) after that it will just be hunting playsets vehicles and mini rigs. also im interested in thall joban kea moll and jann tosh but thats as far into that dark forest as im going.
    Last edited by Jadesfire133336b; 04-22-2019 at 08:23 PM.
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

The Jawa is my main figure focus. I chose Jawas because I always thought they were really cool and I wanted a challenging character to focus on. I also have a Leia Organa focus because she was one of my first figures and a childhood favorite. I have enjoyed the challenge of putting together these two character runs over the years. I also collect other vintage SW, but these two take priority over everything else.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

I might buy anything and everything, but some things speak more to me, and have become a kind of focus. I really like Star Wars cartoon imagery, so like illustrations and such. I love the old Marvel imagery and of course Droids and Ewoks. I also like old Dixie cups or stuff from the ‘70s and ‘80s that have that rendered art look.

As for specific characters, I guess I’ve focus-collected Yoda more than anything. But I mostly only go 3.75”.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Villains and "shady characters" and anti-heroes, mostly Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, Batman and AVP, but some other stuff thrown in. As for Star Wars, since I started re-collecting in 2012, the focus has been the Sith Lords (later adding Snoke and Kylo Ren), the 6 bounty hunters, Royal / Praetorian guards, Dignitaries, and some assorted troopers I like (Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts, Kashyyyk Elite Clones, etc).

I don't focus collect, but I would love to do Luke. To me he's always been the single most important character in the series. But the price of most of his figures puts that out of reach for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sith_rising View Post
    Villains and "shady characters" and anti-heroes, mostly Star Wars, GI Joe, Marvel, Batman and AVP, but some other stuff thrown in. As for Star Wars, since I started re-collecting in 2012, the focus has been the Sith Lords (later adding Snoke and Kylo Ren), the 6 bounty hunters, Royal / Praetorian guards, Dignitaries, and some assorted troopers I like (Snowtroopers, Biker Scouts, Kashyyyk Elite Clones, etc).
    That seems like a really fun focus!

Quote Originally Posted by speederfan View Post
    I don't focus collect, but I would love to do Luke. To me he's always been the single most important character in the series. But the price of most of his figures puts that out of reach for me.
    There have been times that I’ve focused on Luke. He’s only gotten more likable as the Saga has evolved (mainly due to Mark Hamill’s strange charisma). Everything featuring Luke has an interesting appeal.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast