Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Focus Collectors

I have a rather small collection, but ended up with a focus of snowtrooper. It's a great character and art. Only thing being that it often yellows, and key pieces are locked up, which is an issue with most characters. But I would say there are some late ROTJ characters and Ewoks that is possible to build a crazy cool focus of, even today.
    Last edited by Duskamp; 05-20-2019 at 02:43 AM.
    WTB: Foreign MOCs - Meccano, Harbert, PBP/Poch, Lili Ledy, Glasslite, Top Toys
    My feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1102899/

I focus on stages more than pieces however, I wish I did it different. I was going for my figures all loose and ships, vehicles and playsets if they came up on a good deal. I was ignoring mailers for some strange reason and had them last on my focus. Mailers more than doubled since I started and with the exception of a few figures, they pretty much remained the same as far as price goes.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

I decided on the first ever figure I had bought for me as a kid back in 1982, the mighty Zuckuss!

I have managed to hang onto my Jabba Focus minus the prototype head I had that really never did much for me, as well as the gamorrean guards. Only need the potf version to complete that set so it may be a while.
    Death scene from a new film I worked on, quite gory:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E27qFydz2L0

I focus on chewbacca, I didnt always, I collected anything and everything. I used the Sansweet/Tumbush book and picked things out that I liked, went to ebay and bought it when I could find it. It got to be way too much. So I thought which character was cool...well that would be chewbacca... Id say I have been pretty succussful in collecting and have found me going back to my roots and getting things that intrigue me again...
    LOOKING FOR: Chewbacca items, ANY Chewbacca items. The odder the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Duskamp View Post
    I have a rather small collection, but ended up with a focus of snowtrooper. It's a great character and art. Only thing being that it often yellows, and key pieces are locked up, which is an issue with most characters. But I would say there are some late ROTJ characters and Ewoks that is possible to build a crazy cool focus of, even today.
    Got pics? I used to collect the snowtrooper

It's Jawas for me, i love the colour and the sculpt of the figure without the cape so i started out by army building naked Jawas. While hunting for them i started picking up country specific vintage items to display with the herd like a Regal jawa and a Palitoy cardback and before i knew it i was trying to complete cardback runs and looking for at least one vintage item from every country that had released something Jawa related.

For me it's anything Hoth with a micro focus on snowtroopers. If it's got a snowtrooper on it I have it or want it. Snowspeeders, AT-ATs, Wampas, Tauntauns, etc. If it's snow, its gold for me. I even dabble in buying custom snowys that other figure artists have designed. My most recent pick up was a carded all red snowy on a custom AT-AT cardback. Red skirt, the works on this guy. It's cliche I know, but Hoth and snowtroopers have always fascinated me from the beginning. Besides, wampas gotta eat 2.

I hear ya', I have a weakness for anything Hoth Imperial - Snowtroopers, AT-AT's, AT-ST's, Veers, E-WEB's, Probots, AT-AT Drivers, and especially like the "Hoth Speeder Patrol" set with the white Biker Scouts. The Titanium "Blizzard Force" speeder is also really cool. But over the years I fell in love with the Kashyyyk clones and anything camo.

I guess mine would be original Luke. I really love that figure and just can't get enough of them. Not only was it one of my faves as a kid (back and forth w/ Bespin Luke) but it was also the figure that got me back into collecting in 1995. I had just purchases the original trilogy on VHS and there was a small catalog that had a photo of Luke from inside Tomart's Action Figure book. It was a tiny photo but enough to bring back childhood memories.
    Wt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast