Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Skywalker "Tatooine" Statue (Possibly)

Luke Skywalker "Tatooine" Statue (Possibly)

I was just perusing through all the great pictures of Celebration's Collector Panels from Rebelscum's front page, and I came across this drawing of what appears to be a future Luke Skywalker statue for 2020? If so, what scale will it be? ....

Last edited by LightSword; 04-20-2019 at 12:03 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

They seem to still be doing both scales but ideally I’d want it to be 1:6 scale if I were to entertain it..., still happy with just mini-busts though currently but if something is impressive enough that’s another matter, get the likeness right & it would look very nice indeed (unlike that Jedi Luke bust).
    "Look Sir, Droids"

There was also a picture of a Darth Vader armless bust with an interesting looking base, I’d not buy it personally as I’ve no intention of putting funds into yet another new line of busts but the picture was pretty good.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    There was also a picture of a Darth Vader armless bust with an interesting looking base, I’d not buy it personally as I’ve no intention of putting funds into yet another new line of busts but the picture was pretty good.
    I like the idea of the base for the Vader bust. The bust appears to be half scale and, because of it being a rather large sculpt, I would think of it as a stand alone piece or to display next to a lightsaber replica. If this happens to be the beginning of a new large scale bust line with elaborate bases reflecting a piece of environment relating to the character, I certainly wouldn't collect them all, but maybe one or two pieces to use for the aforementioned reasons. Although, to be honest, I think I'm feeling the effects of a Vader sculpt fatigue, having produced so many. So, I'd prefer a different character first, if they are to continue with the arm-less busts at this new scale. This is the one you were referring to:

Last edited by LightSword; 04-20-2019 at 12:18 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by kevb0977 View Post
    They seem to still be doing both scales but ideally I’d want it to be 1:6 scale if I were to entertain it..., still happy with just mini-busts though currently but if something is impressive enough that’s another matter, get the likeness right & it would look very nice indeed (unlike that Jedi Luke bust).
    If they make this Luke as a 1/6 statue and sporting a good likeness, I'll buy it. I have the exclusive Tatooine Luke PF from SSC, but I've never liked that one too much, so this one could be a substitute, but again, it would need to be 1/6 scale. An old Ben would also be great to go along with it.

Was hoping to see more of the "coming soon" section, but SDCC is right around the corner. Disgrace that Sideshow wasn't even present there.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialOpsUnit View Post
    Was hoping to see more of the "coming soon" section, but SDCC is right around the corner. Disgrace that Sideshow wasn't even present there.
    That's true. Other than the apparent Luke statue and the large scale Vader bust as "coming soon" items, everything else at their booth were things we already knew about. But like you said, SDCC is just around the corner and they might be able to show more stuff and/or provide more info about future releases. I did like they were asking people about what Cantina characters they wanted to see made next, so that hints out to some of those perhaps being released in the not so distant future. As for SSC, indeed it was quite dissapointing they didn't have a presence there. I've just received their Legendary Scale Yoda and... Wow! They really hit a home run with that one. It'd would have been nice to see some surprises from them.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-20-2019 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    I like the idea of the base for the Vader bust. The bust appears to be half scale and, because of it being a rather large sculpt, I would think of it as a stand alone piece or to display next to a lightsaber replica. If this happens to be the beginning of a new large scale bust line with elaborate bases reflecting a piece of environment relating to the character, I certainly wouldn't collect them all, but maybe one or two pieces to use for the aforementioned reasons. Although, to be honest, I think I'm feeling the effects of a Vader sculpt fatigue, having produced so many. So, I'd prefer a different character first, if they are to continue with the arm-less busts at this new scale. This is the one you were referring to:

Thanks for sharing this! I would buy this in a heartbeat as it reminds me of the Legends in 3D busts that were produced in the late '90s. I actually still own the Boba Fett one.

He's no good to me dead!

You're welcome. Yes, it is a reminder of those early 9.5" tall Legends in 3D arm-less busts produced back in the 90's. Your Fett, I believe is the one that's retained the most value. Although DST produces half scale busts for Marvel, etc, under the Legends in 3D name, I don't think this 11.75" Vader bust we are seeing could be the beginning of a large scale bust line, but maybe a test to see how things work out in that respect. While there were some nice sculpts used for Gentle Giant's most recent excursion into the arm-less bust world, they did not sell that well, and many of them ended up being discounted at Gamestop. That said, personally, I'm not sure how popular a larger scale of the same concept will prove to be. But again, I'll probably look into getting one or two pieces if they happen to go well with another collectible, and the display area allows the room for it.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-20-2019 at 10:12 PM.

I actually forgot about how big the bust is, knew there was something about it that made me not dislike it totally, a near on 12 inch bust would look pretty good with maybe a 1:6 scale statue & like you said, maybe a light sabre too... certainly gives it reason to be considered at least.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast