Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Luke Skywalker "Tatooine" Statue (Possibly)

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    I know you did not take my comment that way, Travis. I used my reply to clarify to everyone reading it my purpose wasn't to put down what others collect. You know, in case there are sensitive people reading and take some words as personal attacks or what have you a. You're never too sure these days, and I did not want to sound as arrogant.

Yeah, the Koto sculpts were all fantastic. I truly liked their poses but they suffered from the same issue as Attakus: lack of human likeness. Some of them looked a bit Anime, hence why I basically kept the ones with a helmet. Their 1/7 scale Bounty Hunters were/are fantastic. I'll post pictures of the Sandtroopers you want to see ( was it those?) when I get to work on an entire section on all my Tatooine collectibles in my thread. The large Snowtrooper you can find it here, where I worked on the Hoth area of my collection.

Now back to the upcoming Luke "The Dreamer" statue and the half scale Vader bust!
    Yeah, I wanted to see all the weathering you did to the Koto pieces in your section.
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Yeah, I wanted to see all the weathering you did to the Koto pieces in your section.
    Alright. I've just got home so I'll take a quick pic for you ...

Edit: They're here, Travis.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-25-2019 at 11:41 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Alright. I've just got home so I'll take a quick pic for you ...

Edit: They're here, Travis.
    Thanks man, I just checked them out and left a comment in your thread.
    He's no good to me dead!

I'll wait to see how well it resembles Luke before making a decision but I can't say I'm overly keen with yet another scale. Why not stick with a scale they already have?

Yes. The likeness on this statue will be a deal maker or breaker for me. And like others have said, while I'm not bothered much by the scale, why this new one when most people keep asking for the 1/6 scale?
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Yes , Chuck. Get them to scrap the decision of a 1/7 scale ! 1/6 is Gentle Giantís perfect scale. It matches the busts and other GG statues we already own in our collections. And if they nail the likeness on this Luke piece , itíll be a sure hit with collectors. If it comes out looking like Lukeís , Uncleís , next door neighborís former roommate , itíll be taking up space in your warehouse for years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Scales help describe the height of a figure, bust and statue. They are part of our collector language. In all, they are proportions used to determine the dimensional relationship of a represented character and/or object. In other words, the relation to a normal sized object. Since we've been discussing scales here, I figured this could help. Just keep in mind the overall size of any sculpt is also determined by the height of the base they sit on, and the way the character is posed. That said, the list below refers specifically to the character itself, not the base or pose, AND are an approximate on the height they should have.

1:4 Scale ( 18″ )

1: 5 Scale ( 16" )

1:6 Scale (12″ )

1:7 Scale ( 11" )

1:8 Scale ( 9" -10")

1:9 Scale ( 8″ )

1:10 Scale ( 7″ )

1:12 Scale ( 5″-6″ )

1:18 Scale ( 3.75″- 4″ )

1:4 Scale ( 18″ )

1: 5 Scale ( 16" )

1:6 Scale (12″ )

1:7 Scale ( 11" )

1:8 Scale ( 9" -10")

1:9 Scale ( 8″ )

1:10 Scale ( 7″ )

1:12 Scale ( 5″-6″ )

1:18 Scale ( 3.75″- 4″ )
    Never really thought about this but THIS IS AWESOME and a great reference tool! Thanks!
    Tauntauns are cool....get it??

You are welcome, Max!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345