Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Luke Skywalker "Tatooine" Statue (Possibly)

I would get this Vader. I hope after that they explore some characters that have not been done to death like Jango Fett, Snowtrooper, Scout Trooper, AT AT Driver, any of the Clone Commanders, etc. Especially with ESB 40th on the horizon all the ESB troops I mentioned should be considered. We will see how it goes.

I was a fan of the armless line and as you mentioned, sadly they did not sell well and were quickly done without as much as a warning. I would hope this line is given more of a chance to shine with more diverse choices in troopers, bounty hunters, etc.
    He's no good to me dead!

Hey guys, I was at the Star Wars Celebration panel titled "Star Wars Collectibles Update with Lucasfilm's Brian Merten" and recorded the Gentle Giant/DST presentation. Due to the 500mb weekly upload limit on Vimeo, I had to cut out the first part of the video where they discussed some already revealed items like Maul, Vader, Dengar, and Han Carbonite statues, Porg book ends, Hera, Chewie/Young Han and Ahsoka minibusts. The rest of the video, including the Luke Skywalker statue (and mention of upcoming adjoining Rey statue), and reveal of the new Legends in 3D Vader bust, can be found here:
    Enjoy!

Thanks a lot for sharing the video with us, Skyvvalker! Very useful information as now we can start planning for these.

So, according to what was said in the panel, we can now have official confirmation about two things:

1- Luke Skywalker "The Dreamer" statue will be 1/7 scale

2- The Vader bust is the first one in a new line of half scale busts under the "Legends in 3D" name.

.................................................. .............

I'm glad the statue will be in the 1/7 scale. Not as big as 1/6 scale but close enough (about the size of the larger Kotobukiya statues). In any case, personally, that gives me hope other statue releases will be mainly made this size. I don't have a problem with the smaller scales used for Dioramas, but I prefer bigger scales for statues as the details of the sculpt can be better appreciated.

As for the large scale busts, I'm thinking a Luke with a base being based on the Lars Homestead would be great, for instance. So while I'm not planning on collecting the entire line some pieces could look great displayed next to smaller ones to make a statement. I think our friend Travis here in the forums is going to be very happy about this news. Travis! I can already foresee that Vader bust next to the Legends in 3D Fett you already have.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-23-2019 at 02:06 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

I would love that Vader bust. Anyone have an idea of the kind of price point for something like that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesanshutz
    I think you guys are full of crap about this swapping thing going on. How we do know its not you that you're doing the swapping yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Thanks a lot for sharing the video with us, Skyvvalker!

So, according to what was said in the panel, we can now have official confirmation about two things:

1- Luke Skywalker "The Dreamer" statue will be 1/7 scale

2- The Vader bust is the first one in a new line of half scale busts under the "Legends in 3D" name.

.................................................. .............

I'm glad the statue will be in the 1/7 scale. Not as big as 1/6 scale but close enough (about the size of the larger Kotobukiya statues). In any case, personally, that gives me hope other statue releases will be mainly made this size. I don't have a problem with the smaller scales used for Dioramas, but I prefer bigger scales for statues as the details of the sculpt can be better appreciated.

As for the large scale busts, I'm thinking a Luke with a base being based on the Lars Homestead would be great, for instance. So while I'm not planning on collecting the entire line some pieces could be great displayed they to smaller ones to make a statement. I think our friend Travis here in the forums is going to be very happy about this news. Travis! I can already foresee that Vader bust next to the Legends in 3D Fett you already have.
    You are correct!! Vader is going to be an instant buy. Not sure if I will double up with Boba since I have the ORIGINAL Legends in 3D version but would welcome the other additions I mentioned earlier .

I also wonder since they mentioned this is for all intents and purposes continuing the original line from the '90s are they going to consider those characters "done" and move on to other characters? I have no problem if they do, but it is something I am curious about.
    Last edited by Django; 04-23-2019 at 12:47 PM.
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by DontDissTheFett View Post
    I would love that Vader bust. Anyone have an idea of the kind of price point for something like that?
    I would say around the $250.00 to $300.00 mark. I think price will also depend on what material they'll use for its build, and whether it being a hollow or solid sculpt. I have the half scale bust of Obi-Wan Kenobi that SS offered a few years ago, and it was $300.00
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-23-2019 at 02:07 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    You are correct!! Vader is going to be an instant buy. Not sure if I will double up with Boba since I have the ORIGINAL Legends in 3D version but would welcome the other additions I mentioned earlier .

I also wonder since they mentioned this is for all intents and purposes continuing the original line from the '90s are they going to consider those characters "done" and move on to other characters? I have no problem if they do, but it is something I am curious about.
    Trav, I think a new and updated version of the older Fett sculpt with a themed base could look fantastic. I can already picture it displayed next to my Slave 1 Signature Edition from Code 3. It'd be hard to resist.

Trav, I think a new and updated version of the older Fett sculpt with a themed base could look fantastic. I can already picture it displayed next to my Slave 1 Signature Edition from Code 3. It'd be hard to resist.
    Yeah, I know Julian. I will probably get it too because I am a sucker for Boba Fett . So weak...

Also, I used to have the CODE 3 Vader Tie and sold it for basically nothing back in the day. Huge regret as it was such a sweet piece! Never had the Slave 1 but I can dream.
    Last edited by Django; 04-23-2019 at 01:37 PM.
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    Yeah, I know Julian. I will probably get it too because I am a sucker for Boba Fett . So weak...

Also, I used to have the CODE 3 Vader Tie and sold it for basically nothing back in the day. Huge regret as it was such a sweet piece! Never had the Slave 1 but I can dream.
    Nothing wrong with that. If you like it , you buy it.

I hear you about the Code 3 Vader's TIE. Maybe now that you know of this Vader bust coming out, and if you are interested, it would be a good time to look for one to display next to the bust? I don't have the Signature Edition of the TIE, but the regular one. The SE version comes with the Death Star base and a damaged wing on the TIE. I have all the Code 3 ships they released other than the Republic Gunship, and they all look great. I know some folks consider them old sculpts and not accurate enough to be looked at as "replicas", but if you are willing to put aside some minute details, they are great collectibles and very space-friendly. Vader's TIE, AT-ST and Slave 1 are the most accurate ones.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-23-2019 at 02:11 PM.

Nothing wrong with that. If you like it , you buy it.

I hear you about the Code 3 Vader's TIE. Maybe now that you know of this Vader bust coming out, and if you are interested, it would be a good time to look for one to display next to the bust? I don't have the Signature Edition of the TIE, but the regular one. The SE version comes with the Death Star base and a damaged wing on the TIE. I have all the Code 3 ships they released other than the Republic Gunship, and they all look great. I know some folks consider them old sculpts and not accurate enough to be looked at as "replicas", but if you are willing to put aside some minute details, they are great collectibles and very space-friendly. Vader's TIE, AT-ST and Slave 1 are the most accurate ones.
    I had the regular version as well. I saw a Slave 1 and the Republic Gunship in person back in the day and was enamored by how nice they were! Never saw the AT-ST.
    He's no good to me dead!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast