Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020

Quote Originally Posted by darthmysery23 View Post
    when do you think it will take place, i saw that wondercon is the 10-12 of april, do you think the next celebration will be later, like may?
    The obvious answer to me is august...but I'm out if that's the case. It can be unpleasantly warm and Disneyland is always overcrowded during the summer...I'm hoping its not but it seems likely imho.
    Last edited by Hutt; 05-09-2019 at 06:56 PM.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they avoid the summer months.

Last Anaheim Celebration, I stayed at the Marriott next door. Easy to book thru OnPeak. I certainly hope it would be that easy again.
    James Earl Jones: "I've one thing to say to people like you...I like Star Wars too!"

The Big Bang Theory-Season 7, Episode 14

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wyman View Post
    ... Way, way, way too soon for another one. Celebrations should be just like Star Wars films should be...one every three years.
    Exactly. I'm not going.
    Last edited by LightSword; 05-13-2019 at 01:44 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by LightSword View Post
    Exactly. I'm not going.
    Same here. Still boggles my mind this is next year! Sadly, I'm going to miss this one.
    Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try!
    My Trade Feedback
    My Collection

I've been to all the US Celebrations since CV. I really hope I can go to next year's, but timing is crucial. April through summer might be difficult, but I could possibly pull off the fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Wyman View Post
    100% agreed. Way, way, way too soon for another one. Celebrations should be just like Star Wars films should be...one every three years.
    My friends and I have been to every Celebration since CIII, we're skipping next year.

I went to the closing panel and when they announced Anaheim and next year, I almost heard a moan amid the somewhat weak cheers! I moaned, not because of the location(I'm in WA.state) but the timing, next year! too soon. UGH!!!

It seems almost unanimous that It is either to soon or we hope it is fall at the earliest...

I spoke to Steve Sansweet about Reed renewing their contract to put on Cele.'s, he said the renewal process was in the works as we spoke. I had heard from the Cele. before this one that Reeds contract was run out and this last con. was their last! the timing of next year may have something to do with Galaxy's Edge, (which I will not attend in the near future) a fall con. would be more pleasant weather wise unless there are fires burning around the area or earthquakes or Imperial invasion!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast