Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Celebration Anaheim 2020

Hey REED EXPO, LOOK AT EBAY AGAIN THERE ARE MORE CELEBRATION 2020 BADGES FOR SALE FAR ABOVE THE COST !!!!!!

I sent this to Reed Expo this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by SW987 View Post
    Hey REED EXPO, LOOK AT EBAY AGAIN THERE ARE MORE CELEBRATION 2020 BADGES FOR SALE FAR ABOVE THE COST !!!!!!

I sent this to Reed Expo this afternoon.
    When are people going to realize Reed doesn’t care. If they cared they would release more tickets or have Lyte open. Why they closed it is anyone’s guess. It’s a fact of life there will be scalpers for any event and the market decides the value of said tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by epsilonjedi View Post
    When are people going to realize Reed doesn’t care. If they cared they would release more tickets or have Lyte open. Why they closed it is anyone’s guess. It’s a fact of life there will be scalpers for any event and the market decides the value of said tickets.
    I have done thesame as SW987 describes, but unfortunately I think you are right on this one. But hey, we can always hope that the organization does something with all the scalping info they receive from fans.

Couple of quibbles...

While I'm not surprised at the announcement of a Celebration next year I am surprised that tickets went up for sale so soon after Chicago ended. I mean it was barely 60-days from when I flew home from Chicago that I was buying tickets for Anaheim. And more than 14 months ahead of the convention. That's absurd. Even SDCC doesn't require you to buy your tickets more than a year in advance.

Second quibble... there is no reason why the room site had to go live while people were still trying to secure tickets. Sell the tickets on one day - wait a day (or week) and THEN let the hotels go live. There were people complaining they were still in the Reed Pop ticket queue when the hotels went up for reservation.

The whole thing is so irritating (and yet I still paid for my tickets and booked a room). Just feels like a money grab to have people paying $300 or more 14-months in advance of the actual event.

And wow... can't believe how quickly tickets sold for Chicago and then it was like 10X as fast for this one.
    Last edited by SoonerSean; 07-11-2019 at 03:25 PM.
    All Things R2
    The place for current finds and just about everything R2D2 related.
    www.AllThingsR2.com

Welcome to Disney’s Star Wars.

Has anyone thought about that next years Cele. may be the last one as we have known them? having almost back to back conventions is distressing! very expensive, stress at the work place, can cause stress on the family! I'm not happy about the "next trilogy", Stars wars made in Disney's image. This may be the last Cele. I go to due to this problem, I will wait for the 50th Anniv. of Star Wars,and attend SDCC. Have you noticed alot of activities that we enjoyed in the past are not there anymore? The costume contest(I still call it that) is very limited by catagories and number of participants. At Chicago, I noticed quite a few persons seemingly had professional titles,costume construction. that isn't too fair. there wasn't a "baby" catagory! there was plenty of time,a 5 day convention, to make better plans,don't you think? I'm not trying to be negative now....

I just looked at EBey at those tickets and it's very bad! these people are definetly not fans! I make sure I get those tickets- first thing then the hotels. it's all a strange mess.

There's been a few additions to the hotel block recently, including the Homewood Suites, across from the convention center, for the Wed-Mon convention block.
    James Earl Jones: "I've one thing to say to people like you...I like Star Wars too!"

The Big Bang Theory-Season 7, Episode 14

Emperor's Hand

The lyte page is up, I requested a four day badge and a Saturday only badge as I did manage to get thurs, fri and sun hopefully I get a chance to get at least one of those two options.

i really hope they crack down on the eBay scalpers, find out who they are and cancel the tickets then offer them to the people in the lyte lines. Scalpers need to be stamped out. All they do is ruin events and cause undue stress for the real fans.
    Formerly of Cyber_Syxx fame.

Yes the Lyte page is up but when it first went up weeks ago I got in line for a 4 day and I was #35. Ok not bad. However when I checked after it came back up I was in the 50s!!! How does this happen?? There’s some really shady stuff going on.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast