Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Galaxy’s Edge lightsabers

I had the chance to talk to Cody about the sabers. Their ROTJ compared to the one in the archives look great when they showed me the picture. Maul's and Ventress sabers will come with connectors. The blades are interchangeable and will light up to the correct color that associates to the hilt. When in Ashoka's they will be white and when in Vader's the blade will be red.

I took pictures as well and there are a few sabers that weren't on display coming out too...
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

There goes ALL my money. Between 2 kids, and myself, LOL!!
    Yoda_Worshiper Feedback!
    Collecting what I like, from who I like!!

Quote Originally Posted by rnbuda View Post
    I had the chance to talk to Cody about the sabers. Their ROTJ compared to the one in the archives look great when they showed me the picture. Maul's and Ventress sabers will come with connectors. The blades are interchangeable and will light up to the correct color that associates to the hilt. When in Ashoka's they will be white and when in Vader's the blade will be red.

I took pictures as well and there are a few sabers that weren't on display coming out too...
    Rnbuda, that’s good to hear as I was looking for an Obi-wan from Episodes I & II and was disappointed when I didn’t see one. Any chance you will post the pictures you took? I’ve been looking for a better view at these and have not been able to find any.

So, now I'm curious about the Luke ROTJ saber. It looks to be a bit more accurate with the narrow part near the top as opposed to the Force FX ones that were really thick in some areas. I'm assumed the Force FX one was thicker to accommodate the blade and to make sure it was durable and not easily broken. But, I don't see how the swap-able blade would work on Luke's ROTJ hilt.
    Last edited by sharky; 04-16-2019 at 01:16 PM.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

They look really nice, albeit a bit thick. There probably isn't much of a workaround for that with the FX functionality.

I really like the fact that the blade works for all of them. I need some Ahsoka sabers!

I’m really curious about how the ROTJ will work after looking at the picture. Definitely still getting the Mace, Ashoka and may be the Ren

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRican View Post
    I’m really curious about how the ROTJ will work after looking at the picture. Definitely still getting the Mace, Ashoka and may be the Ren
    See, that's what I'm talking about. On that YouTube video they didn't think to ask. That would have been my first question after looking at them. How does Luke's ROTJ hilt work with the swappable blade? I would have asked the guy to demonstrate it with Luke's hilt.
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRican View Post
    The Luke ROTJ unscrews after the two neck breaks. I unscrewed it myself to understand where the blade will be going into.

It's going to be more complicated than the other sabers for obvious reasons.

The new Rey saber and Anakin ROTS were hinted heavily along with Obi-wan as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast