Thread: The Star Wars Archives: Episodes I-III 1999-2005

The Star Wars Archives: Episodes I-III 1999-2005

Paul Duncan, author of the massive book The Star Wars Archives: Episodes IV-VI 1977-1983 has announced a prequel book is coming in the fall of 2020!
    No further details are known except this cover:

Can't imagine anything being in this that hasn't already been seen in the prequel 'making of' books.
    If once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will....

I'm not sure if I'll get this, although I would admit that It'd make a nice set.

I wonder if a sequel trilogy is in the making?

Quote Originally Posted by Rodders View Post
    I'm not sure if I'll get this, although I would admit that It'd make a nice set.

I wonder if a sequel trilogy is in the making?
    He's busy with the prequel book (which will be released +-18 (!!!) months from now). That, plus the fact that IX isn't even released makes it imho extremely unlikely a ST book is already in the making.

The OT book is enough for me.
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

The OT book was enjoyable and distinct based on the inclusion of his new interview with GL. I gotta believe a prequel book would also have fresh thoughts and insights from the maker himself.

I can't wait for this one! The Making of TPM book felt a bit dry and the Making of AOTC book was very graphic-y. JW Rinzler's Making of ROTS was of the highest quality, very worthy to be mentioned alongside his trilogy of OT books.

This book will be an auto pre-order for me.
    There's always a bigger fish.

This is a must have, especially because there aren't those J.W. Rinzler coffee table books like the OT got between 2007-2010. Which brings me to my next question- I own those and have been on the fence about getting the TASCHEN Archive book because of it. Is there a lot of never before seen content that justifies this purchase when you already have the Making Of ANH, TESB and ROTJ books by J.W. Rinzler?

That new Lucas interview sounds intriguing (and I hope there will be one for the PT), but besides that?

Hi there. It is great to have this news but can someone explain to me what we will see in this book? Something which we didn't have in movies?

Quote Originally Posted by danskywalker567 View Post
    Hi there. It is great to have this news but can someone explain to me what we will see in this book? Something which we didn't have in movies?
    This is from the Taschen website about the OT book, I expect it will be similar but don't know if there is any involvement with Lucas:

"Star Wars exploded onto our cinema screens in 1977, and the world has not been the same since. In this XXL-sized tome, George Lucas guides us through the original trilogy like never before, recounting the inspirations, experiences, and stories that created a modern monomyth. Complete with script pages, concept art, storyboards, on-set photography, and more."