Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Things you remember that aren't actually in the films

Quote Originally Posted by ZevSenesca View Post
    I’m pretty sure they talk in the deleted scenes after the Bacta part. I just realized they have a brief exchange in ROTJ when he arrives in the briefing room.
    There was also the deleted scene in ESB on the Falcon after Luke got his hand cut off where Leia was telling him about Boba Fett.

Another conversation between them that was still in the films was when they were leaving Tatooine in ROTJ and Leia tells him to hurry back to the fleet and he replies that he will.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Goji View Post
    There was also the deleted scene in ESB on the Falcon after Luke got his hand cut off where Leia was telling him about Boba Fett.

Another conversation between them that was still in the films was when they were leaving Tatooine in ROTJ and Leia tells him to hurry back to the fleet and he replies that he will.
    Oh yeah, they cut out the only line in the film which referred to Boba Fett by name. At least he gets a mention right before his pathetic demise in ROTJ.

I'm almost certain that I remember Han shooting first in the Cantina....I didn't imagine that, did I?

In all seriousness, as a kid, after my first viewing of ROTJ, I always "remembered" that, during the battle of the Sarlaac we saw more guards go into the pit, some literally rolling in the sand until they disappeared. Yet, when the VHS came out, we only see three guards & Boba Fett. As if to confirm the possibility that this was edited after the initial screenings in 1983, the "Empire of Dreams" video shows footage of more guards going into the pit during filming. Did anyone else have this memory?

Quote Originally Posted by bob_solo View Post
    I'm almost certain that I remember Han shooting first in the Cantina....I didn't imagine that, did I?

In all seriousness, as a kid, after my first viewing of ROTJ, I always "remembered" that, during the battle of the Sarlaac we saw more guards go into the pit, some literally rolling in the sand until they disappeared. Yet, when the VHS came out, we only see three guards & Boba Fett. As if to confirm the possibility that this was edited after the initial screenings in 1983, the "Empire of Dreams" video shows footage of more guards going into the pit during filming. Did anyone else have this memory?
    Stuntman Peter Diamond has said a lot more footage was shot of people going into the pit than was used in the final edit. I've heard there were several injuries during the process. I don't know where you would have seen the Empire of Dreams footage in 1983, but the Making of Return of the Jedi special broadcast at the time of release does feature some behind the scenes footage of stuntmen rolling in.
    Last edited by ZevSenesca; 05-16-2019 at 11:48 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234