Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Things you remember that aren't actually in the films

Quote Originally Posted by King_Goji View Post
    I always thought I remembered seeing Luke jump up and grab the grate in the Rancor pit. I'm fairly certain that it may have been seeing that photo in the storybook that made me "remember" seeing that scene in the theater.
    There is also a Topps Trading card (1983) that depicts this scene w/Luke hanging onto the Rancor pit trapdoor grate; as a kid, I also thought it was in the film.

Not quite what the OP asked, but something did pop into my head last night. Is there a scene where Luke and Lando ever talk with each other? I don't think Luke and Lando exchanged words when Lando caught Luke outside of Bespin. If I remember correctly, at the end of Empire, Luke was talking to Chewbacca, while Lando was addressing Leia.

There are dozens of things that I was surprised to find out WERE in the film much later than I should have like Loje Nella, C-3PO's silver leg, Dengar in Jabba's Palace, and Jango's helmet and head having separate shadows...

One thing I thought was in the films is Darth Vader picking up Luke's Lightsaber after he throws it away and the Emperor is shocking Luke. I have looked for pictures and such but apparently that is something I fabricated. I know he has Luke's saber when he gives it to the Emperor.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Goldleaderone View Post
    Not quite what the OP asked, but something did pop into my head last night. Is there a scene where Luke and Lando ever talk with each other? I don't think Luke and Lando exchanged words when Lando caught Luke outside of Bespin. If I remember correctly, at the end of Empire, Luke was talking to Chewbacca, while Lando was addressing Leia.
    In ROTJ, Luke says "Let's go, and don't forget the droids" and Lando responds "We're on our way" right after they blow up Jabba's sail barge.

Quote Originally Posted by MysterioMaximus View Post
    Oh man! You just made my day, I've wondered for yeeeeeeeears where I got that specific image stuck in my head. Plus I'd have been 3, so easy to see how a child that age would just assume it WAS Return of the Jedi. Plus I haven't seen those Ewok films probably since 86! There's a morbid part of me that officially wants to watch them again now, just because of this convo.
    You can watch that very scene here, its on youtube: https://youtu.be/J1VOzP1t05g

As a kid, all of my SW memories are from ROTJ and the Ewok movies (and cartoons), because I was too young to have seen the others. I only later saw ANH and ESB on a VHS tape that was recorded when they appeared on HBO. I still love those Ewok movies, and as a kid, I was obsessed with the Blurrgs because I thought they were the same stop motion dinosaurs from the 90s Land of the Lost series! I even thought the furry critter on the show, named Stink, might have been a wookie, haha.
    Last edited by darth_sidious; 05-10-2019 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lister View Post
    In ROTJ, Luke says "Let's go, and don't forget the droids" and Lando responds "We're on our way" right after they blow up Jabba's sail barge.
    Yeah, I thought about this recently too. I believe that is their only dialog exchange.

While on the subject, Luke never says anything to Leia in Empire and she only says, "Luke! It's a trap!" and "I'll be back" to him. He has a few lines to her on the sail barge in ROTJ and then they have their scenes on Endor but that's about it. They don't have a great deal of interaction outside of the original film. A lot of their interactions ended up on the cutting room floor.

Quote Originally Posted by ZevSenesca View Post
    Luke never says anything to Leia in Empire
    Huh. really? Not even after the Bacta scene or when he senses Vader while in the Falcon's cockpit? I know they spend most of the film apart, but still...
    Makes all the complaints of Rey and Poe never interacting rather moot.
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

Luke does say something to Leia in ESB, they're just not in the same room at the time. He says "Leia, hear me" when he's hanging on for dear life under Cloud City.

I was sure that Vader says no a couple of times when Palps is electrocuting Luke, sort of building-up-rage-no's. And that the Special Edition "No" was a change and not and add-on.
    "her arc is to actually get bored of being powerful" - MauLer on YT, A Critique of SWTLJ, p.3

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Quote Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    Huh. really? Not even after the Bacta scene or when he senses Vader while in the Falcon's cockpit? I know they spend most of the film apart, but still...
    Makes all the complaints of Rey and Poe never interacting rather moot.
    Iím pretty sure they talk in the deleted scenes after the Bacta part. I just realized they have a brief exchange in ROTJ when he arrives in the briefing room.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast