Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Color Change Droid Factory

Color Change Droid Factory

Starting a new thread for the announced Color Chamge Droid Factory sets

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwPR-5ug...d=2osoz7z5tesn

AWESOME!!!!I see where my summer $$ is going, lol. I see a red bb8 on play set package, I wonder if the droids literally change colors or if red bb8 comes out separately later.

Price and ETA?
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 04-14-2019 at 10:47 AM.

It looks like the old ghostbuster, hotwheels color change feature. Ice cold water changes them. That’s a guess though. No idea on anything beyond what JTA is reporting. I hope they are on the parks app.

Quote Originally Posted by indysolo007 View Post
    It looks like the old ghostbuster, hotwheels color change feature. Ice cold water changes them. That’s a guess though. No idea on anything beyond what JTA is reporting. I hope they are on the parks app.
    Is that a temp color change? I'm not familiar with those. Heard of them, tbough.

The 80s toys used to be temporary, slime effect, different paint jobs in cars. Not sure how the tech has improved over the years

So I guess like 6" Dryden vos face scars..neat

Very cool I love that "the Droid Factory" is now an actual playset, and sorta based on the Kenner one.

Is it too much to hope that Disney will be the one to give us more playsets, like Cloud City (carbon freeze, final duel window & platform, etc), Death Star, etc? I wonder if they have to keep their action figure stuff limited to a droid theme, therefore the Sandcrawler and now this factory.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge. For while knowledge defines all we currently know and understand, imagination points to all we might yet discover and create."

so i'm curious if theres a way to permanently keep a droid at one or the other color schemes. i'd prefer the white r4 over the black and red bb over the blue or black bb but at least I have an extra bb8 I could repant to match the red if I have to and an extra white (albeit yellow/silver highlights) astromech body to switch out
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 06-01-2019 at 04:28 PM.

From the grates on the floor I would guess its warm water that changes the color, or it could be cold water (the open tank on the left) and then setting the figure on the grate lets the cold air 'fall' and change back. Pretty fun either way.
    Last edited by DarthPete; 06-01-2019 at 06:23 PM.

yeah that's how the back of the packages read and imply. I was curious if while the droid is given color, if spraying it w/ (i'm just spit-balling here) clear lacquer or finish would preserve that color scheme. I have a can of clear finish that I got to put a finish on custom figures to prevent paint chips, fading etc
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 06-01-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast