Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Color Change Droid Factory

They are duller muter colors, not shiny. The blue on the ra-7 is slightly lighter than the regular release, same for 3p0.

the black almost comes off as a very dark brown. I like keeping them the alt colors. As long as the temp stays even they stay the last color you dipped them in.

Thanks for info. I like to keep mine, when I get 'm, in color schemes not released b4. I may want 2 sets w/ the CZ and R4. The CZ and R4 are different enough in the respective white and black modes to be different enough from the standard releases. I hope the online store gets them. They seem not to be on ebay en mass.
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 06-29-2019 at 08:30 PM.

I’ve been checking eBay regularly, and they’re not on there too much. I guess we’ll have to keep a sharp eye out.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

I saw an Buy it Now for $53 earlier today for one of the sets

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F323848567770
    Last edited by indysolo007; 07-02-2019 at 03:47 PM.

^ napped 1 last night Lol. Gonna try to get the 3po in mid change for a rusty brown look. Saw an online pic of 1 in that mid change mode. Oh in regards to ebay..not sure when it went into effect but you now have to pay state sales tax on purchases. This is a bit shady on regards to states demanding tax on ebay. I mean if I bought an item at Wal-Mart or where ever, including BBTS or EE, I'd pay state taxes but then later if I decide to sell it for whatever reason on ebay, my buyer will too now have to pay tax on an item already taxed especially if it was a local or w/in state sale. Not to get off topic but is it really legal for states to demand tax over and over on same item? I recall there being controversy over the very same thing when CD shops (remember those, lol) would buy and resell used cds. I think that started when some artists incl Garth Brooks, was upset that they were not getting additional royalties when used cds were resold. (I could be wrong, but I kinda recall Brooks being involved). I do recall ebay trying to stop it w/ petitions but I guess it didn't help when you are up against the government
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 07-02-2019 at 06:41 PM.

It depends what state you are in, whether they have agreements with the states to collect the tax.

Can you send a link to that mid change? I may want to do that for varieties sake!

Got the 2nd set today from same ebayer. The only thing I don't like is the warmth of your hands is enough to change droids from cold to warm mode. Still debating if I want another r4 set. I want both versions of r4 and maybe cz, but the other 2 not so much a need for dupes. Definitely want play set too.
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 07-11-2019 at 05:18 PM.

There were some missed opportunities here, like Chopper should've been in his Imperial disguise. But overall I think these sets are pretty awesome. I'm a hoping a friend can get them later this year.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    Got the 2nd set today from same ebayer. The only thing I don't like is the warmth of your hands is enough to change droids from cold to warm mode. Still debating if I want another r4 set. I want both versions of r4 and maybe cz, but the other 2 not so much a need for dupes. Definitely want play set too.
    hahaha put gloves on when I moved them to not trigger the color change again.

I hope the secondary market for these improves once Galaxy's Edge opens in Orlando.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast