Thread: Anovos opinions

Question Anovos opinions

Looking for opinions on Anovos product compared to eFX/MR. Been a long time collector of the latter and just really gave the former a look in Chicago. Considering the Poe helmet and Rey staff, but wondering how they'll look alongside everything else. Aside of delivery and customer service (buyer beware - I've been warned), how is the product?

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Matt View Post
    Looking for opinions on Anovos product compared to eFX/MR. Been a long time collector of the latter and just really gave the former a look in Chicago. Considering the Poe helmet and Rey staff, but wondering how they'll look alongside everything else. Aside of delivery and customer service (buyer beware - I've been warned), how is the product?
    Owning product from both, MR/EFX is superior to Anovos. EFX haters will probably state otherwise.
    Star Wars collector since 1977.
    Life or Death? Star Wars collecting is much more serious than that!
    My partial collection

I have both MR/EFX and Anovos. To compare both, its important to compare apple and apple. That being said if you compare MR/eFX helmets vs Anovos Premier Line Helmets (not the vac formed Standard Line), they are both on par in terms of quality and finishing.

As for preordering and customer service, both are rubbish at the moment. DO NOT preorder direct from either companies. Go thru a 3rd party route such as BBTS, EE, etc

I'll tell you as soon as I receive a product.

Quote Originally Posted by Jawa_Fong View Post
    I have both MR/EFX and Anovos. To compare both, its important to compare apple and apple. That being said if you compare MR/eFX helmets vs Anovos Premier Line Helmets (not the vac formed Standard Line), they are both on par in terms of quality and finishing.

As for preordering and customer service, both are rubbish at the moment. DO NOT preorder direct from either companies. Go thru a 3rd party route such as BBTS, EE, etc
    Above is the most intelligent answer you will receive.

BOTH companies have produced excellent top-end products, they also make cheaper lines which are not as good.

BOTH companies have lousy pre-order and customer service problems which could leave you out of pocket for months, years, maybe forever? Only buy if the product is in-stock or even in-front of you.

Also consider fan-made companies who often out-shine both companies for both customer service and quality.

Cheers

Jez
    StarWarsHelmets.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jawa_Fong View Post

I can second that, I was very impressed by Anovos' Kylo Ren Premier Line helmet. It's as good as the Vader Limited/Legend helmet imo.
    Chris
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing - Edmund Burke

REAL.PRICE

As someone who owns several of each, they are similar, as most others have noted. Occasional quality issues with each. The fiberglass Anovos helmets I have are perfect, and at least of the same quality as my fiberglass EFX Vader. Even better than some recent EFX stuff, like the Scouts. My Scout has really sloppy trimming/gluing of the fabric liner, and the fiberglass is jagged on a number of edges. That and the issue with nearly all of the Scouts not closing well make it a bit of a step backwards. I’ve seen a few people having issues with Phasma helmets cracking superficially and some lackluster looking fabric accessories, but the two companies are more alike than they are different. Both are also terrible at doing business, currently.

The specific pieces you mention would fit right in with any MR/EFX stuff you have.
    Last edited by Jagjaguwar; 04-15-2019 at 09:22 AM.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." -Euripides

You can't tell the difference between MR/eFX and Anovos fibgerglass helmets. They more than likely came from the same factory as there is only a handful that can fiberglass correctly.

The Kylo Ren helmet is probably the best licensed helmet in terms of finish and display.
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett