Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EFX's Darth Vader "Pyre" Helmet (Melted Helmet)

I like it.. Not sold yet as $1,600 is more than i expected.. I thought it would be around $1,000.00
    Will wait to see what the base would look I like.
    Last edited by Imperial1973; 04-15-2019 at 06:31 AM.

The EFX website says: 3D printed like the original screen-used prop.
    Last edited by Jagjaguwar; 04-15-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    "Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish." -Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by Jawa_Fong View Post
    I like this. But it is advertised a 3D printed. Ok,..... 3D printed material doesn't exactly lasts long from what I read? My friend actually held the Prop Shop one which is 3D printed and its pretty underwelming feeling really light.

It being light is fine with me. Just don't want to plonk 1.6 grand to know that the material will disintegrate in a couple years.
    Yep, that would be my big concern about ordering this item. Will the paint on 3D printed material hold up or will it start to flake off in time? Will the prop retain it's shape over time or become more deformed than it already is? Who knows. And it's a rather big gamble on an expensive prop like this.

I spoke to Bryan at Celebration Chicago about the edition size. It has NOT been determined yet.
    "No, no! No! THIS one goes there...THAT one goes there, right?" - Prop Collecting 101
    XBox Live Gamertag: CoolHandHan

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandHan View Post
    I spoke to Bryan at Celebration Chicago about the edition size. It has NOT been determined yet.
    Figure out anything else? Like why they don't do anything?
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialOpsUnit View Post
    Figure out anything else? Like why they don't do anything?
    The 3 signature Falcon is close to being shipped. Ford and Williams have signed the plaque. They are getting Mayhew this week or next. It will be shipping after that.
    "No, no! No! THIS one goes there...THAT one goes there, right?" - Prop Collecting 101

This is an easy pass for me...
    Always a pleasure to meet a Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandHan View Post
    Did you get a chance to see the display base?
    for that price I hope it comes with an acrylic cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial1973 View Post
    Did you get a chance to see the display base?
    for that price I hope it comes with an acrylic cover.
    It was just displayed on one of their show room pedestals. No one is including acrylic covers anymore due to the cost.

I just preordered mine.
    I have been eyeing to add Melted Vader Helmet by PropStore, but the price-tag of $5,000 ~ $10,000 made it impossible for me.
    $1,600 surely sounds more reasonable and I understand that despite the long, long.... LONG possible waiting time, EFX's prior Vader Masks (limited, legendary, MQ editions) have been stunning.

BTW, this is response that I received from EFX regarding the Pyre Helmet's limited status:

"
    Hi Arnold!
    We apologize for the delay in the responding toyour email, but as you may know, we were at Star Wars Celebration! We are justcatching up on emails!
    The edition size will be based on the quantity ofthe pre-orders, so we do not have the number yet.
    However, the edition will not exceed 500 pieces.
    Thanks!"
    Last edited by The_Antiquarian; 04-29-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast