Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: No new Hot Toys?

So if that's true with Sideshow, I guess we'll never see that Skiff Guard Lando from them.
    Shabby Blue

You also have to remember that WE is dead right now. None of it is selling. HT ARTfx Bandai and retro figures are the only exceptions. No new games. No movie to back it....TLJ killed that. Solo was a mix. It's not a top priority. Marvel is all the rage. I don't think I the new film will help anything. It will create a bump but who knows after that.

Aa toy company would think twice about getting the SW license. It cost a lot and now no real backing from fans.
    My Feedbackhttp://threads.rebelscum.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2526787&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=93&fpart=1#Post34439102526787[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Shabby_Blue View Post
    So if that's true with Sideshow, I guess we'll never see that Skiff Guard Lando from them.
    I'd assume anything they've shown so far still has a chance of seeing the light of day. I would assume if the license doesn't get renewed, they'd need to have some lead time to wrap up their offerings. We might see a huge push of stuff for the later part of 2020 then.
    I
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

Once again I'm going to ask for others opinions. Is the Star wars line dead when it comes to 12-inch collectibles as well as premium format size items? There has been nothing for way too long. What do you guys think?
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

Hot Toys is probably already prepping new 1/6 scale to tie in with Episode IX. My educated guess would be Rey in her new outfit or that rocket trooper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock View Post
    Once again I'm going to ask for others opinions. Is the Star wars line dead when it comes to 12-inch collectibles as well as premium format size items? There has been nothing for way too long. What do you guys think?
    I don't think it's dead. With Disney announcing more SW films, I would think some company would make 12" figures. It's possibly they are waiting for SDCC to reveal anything new. If they don't reveal much or very little, then we might be looking at the end, but they still have until 2020, so if for some reason HT isn't going to make SW anymore, I think we'll see them push out just about anything they have developed to recoup the R&D they put into those figures. We might even see a number of repacks as well.
    I

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

All the focus was on Endgame, HT knew it could be the last hooray for Marvel for sometime and the fact that some of the most popular characters wouldn't be around anymore. This has happened before, but with TROS coming out, SDCC just around the corner; it's a matter of time. I too wish they would release some of the teases from earlier. Also Disney streaming services starting this year...loads of new stuff they probably just can't show yet.

I'd be surprised if they DIDN'T make the Mandalorian.

Beating the dead horse here..... we're still waiting for the teased and long overdue preorders for Endor Leia, Bespin Han, Power Droid, Death Star Trooper, Poe Dameron, AOTC C-3PO, ANH/TFA C-3PO, Baze, etc. etc.

But no, forget those. Let's get yet another Rey first for the next new movie, despite her new outfit looking nearly identical to her TFA outfit! I bet we'll get another Kylo Ren figure too for the new film, looking almost the same as his TFA and TLJ versions, but with a mended helmet this time.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought OT figures tend to far outsell the ST figures, so it's amazing we're still waiting for ones such as Endor Leia and Bespin Han to be listed for preorder. Regardless of the focus being on Marvel lately, you'd think HT would still keep the preorder ball rolling to maintain hype and interest from 1/6 scale Star Wars collectors, especially since listing a preorder right now doesn't mean the figure has to be due out next week.

In my opinion they wasted the year and a half gap between Solo and TROS to get more non-ST figures out. It's going to be quite telling to see what is revealed at SDCC, and I personally will be annoyed if at least one of the previously teased figures I listed above isn't finally offered for preorder soon after, in favor of just teasing another half dozen new figures instead.
    Last edited by Shabby_Blue; 06-28-2019 at 11:13 AM.
    Shabby Blue

I don't collect figures so I don't know much about those. I would think if SSC did give it up HT could just keep making them would be a lot more customers with no SSC, but HT may have already given it up. Statues is what I collect I think SSC may give those up. DV PF was a year ago and not one tease or hint of any new PF. Was so great 5-10-15 years ago we had 4 SSC PFs a year, 4 dios a year, Mythos, MR, Attakus 1/5, GG, was awesome. Now we EFX they stink, no Mythos statues, no dioramas, no Attakus 1/5s, GG makes a statues here and there few PFs.
    Last edited by darthdroideka; 06-28-2019 at 07:38 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast