Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: No new Hot Toys?

I’m guessing the Death Star Squad dude will be announced very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jedisquared View Post
    I’m guessing the Death Star Squad dude will be announced very soon.

What makes you think that? We've been waiting on that one forever, along with the Power Droid and half a dozen other reveals in the last 2 years. I don't think anything will change with them anytime soon unfortunately.
    Shabby Blue

I would really like to see the Death Star Trooper to be finally released, but I have no high hopes for him, neither for most of the other reveals shown by HT long ago
    COLLECTION
    Feedback

Collecting has the permanence of herpes, it mutates, but doesn't go away

This line seems to be dead for now. They have had chances to reveal new items but just don't. Not sure what they are waiting for.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

Well I guess we won't be seeing anything from Sideshow or Hot Toys today either. With them being a no show at Celebration last month, some of us were hoping we might get something today (May the 4th). Guess not

SDCC better have some nice new reveals. Or preferrably the preorders finally for Hot Toys Endor Leia, Power Droid, and the Death Star Trooper, as well as Sideshow's Skiff Guard Lando.
    Last edited by Shabby_Blue; 05-04-2019 at 02:10 PM.
    Shabby Blue

Sideshow 1/6 Star Wars Licence looks to be dead in the water with no new announcement for nearly a year and only one prototype revealed (Lando). Hot Toys haven't been really keen to celebrate Star Wars milestones and it's especially true with Star Wars day. I gotta say i didn't hold my breath for a reveal. Hopefully though, i really wish we'll get a couple more OT/PT announcements before they start revealing TROS prototypes.

Bespin Han is my bet on the next revealed figure. It would be very strange to not release him after Leia was made available.
    I changed my signature because Hasbro is never going to make Tikkes.

I read somewhere on FB that Hasbro and SSC has not been able to continue the licence for one reason or another. I really cant see that being true. Disney probably just doubled the fees and they are in negotiations. Hopefully aggressive ones with light sabers.... sorry I'm ashamed that I kind of quoted ummm what was that AOTC? Which ever lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    I believe the OT is all that is SW. Nothing else can ever be. Well maybe R1 and Solo can.

Interesting. The license goes through 2020, but with the lead time HT has, they won't have much time left in their release schedule. I wonder if they'll run some repeats at the end, if the license doesn't get renewed.

On the other hand, HT was a sublicense from Hasbro, so maybe they'll cut a deal with Disney on their own.
    #1 want: Admiral Piett (3.75" TVC line)

I'd like to exercise my right to free speech, but I really don't have anything to say at the moment.

If these prices go up any more then I am out. I have trouble now paying for this stuff.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast