Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Latest Custom Acquisitions?

Latest Custom Acquisitions?

Let it be either something you made or something you just got! I buy a lot of customs (higher and lower end), and want to be able share them. I only make a few, but at least have learned to appreciate people’s better efforts:
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

I’ll start:

This spacer guy was $15 on eBay. I got him last week. I’ll have to touch up his joints, but overall he’s okay. He’s got all the articulation.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 04-10-2019 at 08:11 PM.

I'm reading that book right now!

Darth Maladi from Dark Horse’s Legacy series. I got it on eBay.

Here is a backgrounder made with a “Space Precinct” head. I made him myself after seeing something similar on eBay and buying the parts.

I got this “Outer Rim Scout” on eBay a few weeks ago.

Here’s a sequel alien on a Comic Pack Owen Lars body. From eBay. The hands weren’t painted quite the same gray, but overall it works. He would look okay in any cantina.

Here’s an Endor Rebel Soldier, claimed as a custom on eBay. It might just be the old “Colonel Cracken” soldier (so called until Hasbro released the actual Colonel Cracken) without his soldier’s jacket, but I’m too lazy to make sure. It looks like something’s been done to him (they removed his communicator cords at any rate). He was $8.99 and (though barely) does count as a custom.

NOTE: It would be easy enough to give him a vest of some sort, which would help.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 04-19-2019 at 10:04 PM.

The middle Blue Snag was listed as “Power of the Jedi Style,” meaning he’s probably like 15-18 years old! The customizer probably made him as a modern Blue Snag before the K-Mart version came out, which was also like 15 years ago. Someone randomly decided after passing years to sell him, and I was waiting for my chance! We’re definitely due for another version of this guy.

I realize that when posting “custom acquisitions,” one should credit where one acquired the custom, and offer shout-outs to the artist. But since I get 99% of my customs on eBay, credit gets tricky.

I don’t really know who made them for sure, and it might be bad form to promote a seller as an artist. I mean, sometimes it’s clear who made them, like “Rundown,” who has an Internet presence as a customizer already. But “Rundown” is different as a customizer handle from something like “geofnfj754788.”

But I will credit the makers (thank the makers) when I can, and when I remember who they are (I buy a lot).

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast