Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Latest Custom Acquisitions?

Here is an Ithorian bounty hunter. This is one of the nicest customs I’ve ever gotten. He is by an eBayer called What_A_Nerd_Needs. He’s fully articulated at every point. He looks like one of the Moomo Brothers from the Dark Horse Legacy series. He cost $57.00.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

The same seller made this Aleena bounty hunter. The body looks like parts of a Yoda, but I swear it’s not. It’s fully articulated. It’s a nice one. It cost about $22.00.

I also got this amazing Wookiee bounty hunter from him. It’s beyond amazing. It’s fully articulated, made from various Chewies and other Kashyyyk Wookiees. I don’t know where he got the metal armor, but you can see the brown fur sticking out of the shoulder pauldron (so professionally rendered that I honesty can’t tell if it’s added or not). It was only $53.00, half of what it should cost. As you can see, the scale is perfect!
    Last edited by Tulgah; 07-20-2019 at 10:28 PM.

In a previously-purchased lot of bodies, I received a TVC Imperial Navy Commander, complete with head! It’s a valuable figure, but it found its way into the detritus. I had just used Sergeant Harkas from the Dark Horse Legacy series as a body for a yellow AOTC Clone Commander, and so had his head left over. I put a POTJ Rebel Fleet Trooper vest on the combo, and now have Sergeant Ran Harkas, Imperial Training Camp Officer. This is what he looks like while busting the noobs at Basic.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 07-20-2019 at 11:12 PM.

Hey Tulgah, that Shasa Tiel custom you picked up on ebay to make your Jaxxon...was it a pretty good custom? I was thinking of picking one up but wasn't sure about the build quality. Are the hands articulated or stationary?

Anyways, love seeing what you have found. I always look for customs myself, so it is fun and insightful to see your finds. I am kind of picky when it comes to customs I buy from others, but the Shasa Tiel looked really good.
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

Thanks, Brett! The Shasa is a really nice custom with above-average features. It has ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, knees, and ankles, and the hands do indeed rotate. It’s painted quite nicely; the only issue is the type of paint used just on the head and hands, which seem a little bit sticky, and slightly sloppy. But it’s so fixable, and a truly great overall custom. The head actually fits to scale a bit better than the pic shows. I also ordered the Worrt from him, and it’s a remarkable achievement. Trust him to deliver a nice product.

I bought this “Ronto Guy” from CrimsonDynamite. I think it has McQuarrie Leia (“Starkiller”) legs, and a TVC Han Medal Ceremony torso. The arms are some type of Legacy or TVC Obi-Wan. I can’t place the head, which I think is some type of GI Joe. It’s a great street scene figure. It cost $21.99.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 08-10-2019 at 12:38 PM.

This Kenner-style Hammerhead custom looks great in any vintage or modern scene. It was made by Seinar_Fleet_Engineer, the same customizer who made my Mongo Beefhead Tribesmen. It’s got 5 points of articulation, and some nice belt add-ons. It was $30.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 08-10-2019 at 12:27 PM.

This guy is kind of awesome. I bought a small lot of four troops—one TVC stormie, two old EE AOTC white clones, and this guy. The seller probably had no idea this is a custom. My eye stopped on the lot because the helmet obviously looks like it’s not “standard issue.”

It turns out that the head (from one of the military “Elite” line of figures) was not ball-jointed, and so needed a flat surface to be straight glued on. The guy created his own neck base with some type of sculpt goo. It hardened up nicely and actually looks serviceable.

The helmet was the mystery. It’s not a new creation, but an actual product, made from a form of brittle plastic. Usually, I don’t hunt too hard for what parts my customs come from, but rather just see if I can sight read them in the moment.

This time, I needed to know. My first and only best guess was from an old line called “Star F.O.R.C.E.” (or something like that), a Lanard set from the early ‘90s. I typed “Lanard” into eBay, and sure enough saw this helmet in a weird lot of stormtrooper knock-offs pretty much right off the bat. The line apparently features lots of figures with interesting helmets.

Overall, this is a nice unique custom. Whatever mom sold these probably never knew this had been so carefully altered. The lot of four troops cost $15.99.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 08-10-2019 at 01:05 PM.

Here’s a Sith Acolyte. A few weeks ago, a bunch of Sith customs showed up on eBay from different sellers. I’m not sure why. This guy was one of the better options. He was $9.99.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast