Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Repro Yak Face

Considering Hasbro might be expanding the Retro line, we could see them release a Yakface as well, but theirs would likely be $10! I'm not a repro collector, so I'll wait for the potential "reissue", though frankly - no Yakface figure can beat the TVC version.

I was talking with a friend that is well known in the community. He's at celebration right now and was looking over the Retro line that was on display there. I asked him if there were evident tells on them that would let people know that they were obviously not originals. His response was that to most collectors it would be obvious that the weapons in particular are not originals. So that gives me some hope on them. I'm sure when the figures are released that there will be more conversation on the tells of how they differ.

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    I was talking with a friend that is well known in the community. He's at celebration right now and was looking over the Retro line that was on display there. I asked him if there were evident tells on them that would let people know that they were obviously not originals. His response was that to most collectors it would be obvious that the weapons in particular are not originals. So that gives me some hope on them. I'm sure when the figures are released that there will be more conversation on the tells of how they differ.
    The weapons have features that are not present in the vintage, they look rather different. For the figures, they are larger, have subtle molding differences and the COO information is printed on the back leg, not molded. For the card, there is the obvious printed wear and the 'RETRO' sticker. So, the sticker could be removed. Not sure it fool many, but it will certainly goof up my eBay searches!

I would buy one of those Yakfaces purely to help populate my barge with 'vintage' figures (as an alternative display option) without spending £200-£300. What concerns me is the quality of the plastic used, and whether there would be any health issues. I've heard numerous stories about the plastic used in cheap toys being carcinogenic etc.

I know I'm a bit late to the repro party but jesus....... Can't believe people are cool with this dude making straight up repros.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulgah View Post
    Hm. Most examples of this kind of thing Iíve seen have been pretty shoddy; itís a concern that these guys are getting good enough to fool even some of us. And youíre rightóitís a repro. I can understand some actual figure lovers wanting something that looks like the beautiful Yak for their own entertainment, and thus taking the cheap way out. But most people getting in on this probably have some deceptive purpose. Itís a shame.
    Dont worry hopefully Hasbro puts all the Repro sellers out of business by redoing all their classic line. that will satisfy the people who just want to scratch the nostalgia itch and. I'm all for Hasbro/Kenner repro lol

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianC View Post
    I know I'm a bit late to the repro party but jesus....... Can't believe people are cool with this dude making straight up repros.
    Theres nothin* much that guys can do.
    The Spirit of Vengeance that detects and eradicates the menace of Toxic Fandom

I am because there are those that employ unmitigated vitriol towards the PT/ST to mask their racism, sexism and predatory nature. There has been an awakening. Have you felt it?

I hate the repro figs he does but the 12 that were never done I can't pass on. They are cheaper than what they cost me in parts to make customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    I hate the repro figs he does but the 12 that were never done I can't pass on. They are cheaper than what they cost me in parts to make customs.
    https://www.thefansstrikeback.com/revenge-of-the-toys

About $22 per figure shipped loose with discount 'FACEBOOK'

Plans to make 13 new figs for ESB & ROTJ as well.
    Dan Kalvig
    Collection

I don't have a problem with the figures because they are marked SMC ( Smith Lord Creations ) on the back of the leg. Also the Luke stormie has a different face mould. It gives collectors who aren't able to afford the originals a chance to own a figure that's very close to the original...although his figures aren't cheap at £40 :O
    What I have a BIG problem with is the weapons they sell that pass the bounce, float and light test. Why make weapons that are indistinguishable from vintage ? I don't think a collector who is happy to have repo weapons would care if they bounce and float correctly.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast