Thread: Selling Loose vs Taped Bubble

Selling Loose vs Taped Bubble

I am looking to sell my collection and I have been trying to study up and figure out the best way to do it. Unfortunately, all of my collection have been opened but some have the bubble half way attached and taped down. Would the best route be to separate the two and sell them separately or sell it as is? I have included some pictures of what I have. I have been trying to figure out a ballpark of what to list these at. As far as I can tell I have SW-12A.
    Last edited by ScStarwars; 03-24-2019 at 09:12 AM.

For some reason I couldn't get the pictures in the original post.

Hi there, i would leave them as they are. With the crazy prices of today a lot of people are looking for little projects like this that will display nice when finished correctly. By seperating the two parts you can seriously mess up the potential appeal, same goes for the tape removal, if you mess it up is your problem if the buyer messes it up it's their problem. Just take decent pictures and be precise in the description of the damage/ added tape and condition of the cards and be sure to mention they are only partially sealed . As for how to list them have a look at this site, it can tell you exactly what kind of cardback you are planning to sell: http://www.12back.com/features/cardbacks/cardbacks.php

Thanks for the input that is probably the route I'll go then. I'm having a hard time putting a price on what I have. It seems like most of what I can find on eBay or Facebook groups are MOC or loose. I guess I'll shoot for something a little above loose value.

Quote Originally Posted by ScStarwars View Post
    Thanks for the input that is probably the route I'll go then. I'm having a hard time putting a price on what I have. It seems like most of what I can find on eBay or Facebook groups are MOC or loose. I guess I'll shoot for something a little above loose value.
    Don't sell them too cheap, times have changed. Cardbacks with the litho intact, especially 12 backs and popular characters like Boba Fett are quite desirable and regularly sell for close to $70 and up and that is without the blister or the figure. Check the sold listings on Ebay for SW 12 back cardbacks and loose cardbacks in general and you will be surprised. If you list them on ebay and let people bid you will get a decent price but if you want to sell for a set price it's better to do some research. For a realistic value check i recommend you upload some pictures to the the Vintage Valuation Requests over at SWFUK, the collectors there are quite knowledgeable and fair when it comes to pricing stuff.

Thank you so much! I will make a post in that forum when I am able to take some more pictures. That sounds like a great place to start.