Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Maul Collector’s Gallery Statue - Celebration / PGM Exclusive

My shipping was $55!!!!!

I had to do a double-take. What a ripoff.

Not ordering this, but the shipping does seem a bit high. That said, since weight and measurements of the statue were not given, it kind of makes me wonder how big and heavy the statue is to justify the high shipping prices. I'm getting the Hera mini bust for another collector here, thus the shipping on the Maul statue makes me think the mini bust could also come with a higher shipping price than before. We'll see.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-01-2019 at 09:12 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

I am not ordering it because I already own the 1/6 version, but I checked how much is shipping to Europe for this one and even the cheapest option is unrealistically expensive.

Please choose the shipping method for your order:

• USPS (Priority Mail International) $93.68
    • UPS (UPS Worldwide Expedited®) $104.31
    • UPS (UPS Worldwide Saver®) $119.42
    • UPS (UPS Worldwide Express®) $121.19

I'm holding off on ordering as well. Shipping to the midwest is just a couple dollars cheaper than what LS has quoted for the east coast, and I'm tempted to roll the dice and hope that some of these will survive Celebration and get to "In Stock" status instead of a pre-order. I've got a 50% off coupon I'd like to use on this guy.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Well this looks like a disastrous start after all then with DST, just as well I’m unwell really or I’d probably be having a fit for being priced out of my hobby..., thankfully although I like the mini-bust, at least it’s not original trilogy so less of a disappointment if I can’t get her but to be honest I think it’s just looking like it’s time to call time on the mini-bust collecting & look else where for my collectibles.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I will get Hera but agree if this is the new standard for shipping I am soon to be permanently done with this hobby again. Like Kev, it sucks when they price you out with shipping costs. I am back east like Julian so I will have to pay the same fees he quoted.
    He's no good to me dead!

One thing I'm not sure about is, since I haven't ordered anything since DST took over, if they are still charging sales tax as 3D Systems did. If that's the case, then sales tax would also have to be added to the shipping cost for the grand total.

- Why are the prices for shipping this high now? (I'm getting the 1/2 scale Yoda from Sideshow Collectibles, which is 17" x 12.5" x 11.5" and weights 23 lbs, and the shipping cost was $35.25)

* I'm truly curious to see, come Wednesday, what the shipping prices for Hera will be. That'll tell us what the price to ship a mini bust will be from there on.
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-01-2019 at 09:11 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

So here are the prices then for comparison ...

U.S East coast (slight price differences to other continental areas) :

• UPS (UPS® Ground) $40.51
    • USPS (Priority Mail) $55.29
    • USPS (Priority Mail Express) $114.75
    • UPS (UPS 2nd Day Air®) $157.81

Europe

• USPS (Priority Mail International) $93.68
    • UPS (UPS Worldwide Expedited®) $104.31
    • UPS (UPS Worldwide Saver®) $119.42
    • UPS (UPS Worldwide Express®) $121.19
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-01-2019 at 06:26 PM.

What's worse is Sideshow offer free shipping many times, and on a 12" 1/6 statue I have never paid more than $20 through them. BBTS, who's packing is exceptional, charge $4 flat shipping on ALL orders. Entertainment Earth usually offer free shipping on orders over $100. With all this in mind, WHY are the shipping costs like this??

I get the "exclusive" argument, but EE and SS also have exclusives so no dice.
    He's no good to me dead!

Don’t even see an add to cart button. Maybe the day’s allocation is sold out ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast