Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Darth Maul Collector’s Gallery Statue - Celebration / PGM Exclusive

Is this exactly the same with the previously released 1:6th except the scale?

Quote Originally Posted by cybernick View Post
    Is this exactly the same with the previously released 1:6th except the scale?

Be the judge ...

1:6 scale statue ( diameter of the base 17" across/ 400 units made) :

1:8 scale statue (diameter of the base ???/ units made ???) :

Last edited by LightSword; 03-24-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

My Feedback , My Collection

If I'm doing the math right, the 1:8 scale should be 3/4 the size of the 1:6 scale, so maybe a 12"-13" base? Anyone's guess is as good as mine on the ES. Beyond the size, it looks like the same statue to me, with perhaps some small changes in the paint/detailing. Anyone recall if the original was particularly fragile?
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

I do recall back in the day some folks in other sites complaining about fragility, and saw a couple of broken ones on Ebay. That said, the legs I believe were made of a softer material than the rest of the statue. The size of the base for this smaller release I can't comment on as I have no idea, nor the ES. Actually, that would be a good thing for GG to always emphasize as part of the description of their product the number of units being offered, and measurement specifics, thus making it easier for collectors to determine a purchase based on the measurements given and the display area available at home. Sideshow does it all the time and even shows an image of the product next to the drawing of a person for size comparison. Many times I've gone into the GG website trying to find the size for a given item and/or the quantity produced, and they're not showing. Paint application between the two statues seems to differ a little, but I'm also thinking the pictures shown of the smaller release are of their promotional sample, and it might end up being the same as the 1/6 scale one.

* The price on the original, much bigger 2012 statue was $399.00 and it included a $100 gift card.
    Last edited by LightSword; 03-24-2019 at 01:03 PM.
    - There's some human instinct which makes a man collect what he is not to make any use of - Mark Twain

I need this for my collection but wont pay more than $200-250.

I believe the price of this smaller statue is actually $200.00, so that will be within your stipulated expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorax View Post
    I need this for my collection but wont pay more than $200-250.

It is a very nice statue, not overly fond of the 1:8 scale line remakes though..., not collecting them though so not a problem.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

The Maul statue is up
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Jedi View Post
    The Maul statue is up
    $43 shipping? Is this an April fools?

I started up a pre-order then cancelled it, just to get the shipping quote options...

Prices for shipping to East coast:

• UPS (UPSŪ Ground) $40.51
    • USPS (Priority Mail) $55.29
    • USPS (Priority Mail Express) $114.75
    • UPS (UPS 2nd Day AirŪ) $157.81

* Price of statue: $180.00
    Last edited by LightSword; 04-01-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast