Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: EFX Boba Fett PCR Helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Sergiu View Post
    For me it's more affordable than Disney. Plus I have no connection to the Disney Sequel present in the park.
    Agreed, I have no connection to the sequels AT ALL either so this is an easy pass. As Mandible also said above Disney have been horrible with the Star Wars brand. I even refer to the older movies as "Lucas' Star Wars" when talking to friends to differentiate my love for his films vs what Disney have produced.
    He's no good to me dead!

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    ....I even refer to the older movies as "Lucas' Star Wars" when talking to friends to differentiate my love for his films vs what Disney have produced.
    ^^ you've hit on a VERY important point.

ever since 1978 there was always a difference between "Lucas Star Wars", and the stuff that was written by other people. we used to call it "EU".

but now EVERYTHING is "written by other people".... so by definition, now EVERYTHING is "EU".... but somehow, we've ALL been brainwashed, into NOT calling it by that name. (heaven forbid).

I think the sooner we can all recognize that this is "all EU now", then the sooner we can all just enjoy it for what it is.

I enjoyed the Thrawn books in the 1990's; I enjoyed the Brian Daley books in the 1980's; I enjoyed Splinter of the Mind's Eye in 1978; (etc).

if we can accept these movies in that exact same context, then this would make it MUCH easier to enjoy Disney's NuSW for what it is.

but unfortunately, Disney's Orwellian Doublethink has taught us, "it's all canon now".

and this has caused a sort of 'organ rejection' among the fandom (like a human body "rejecting" a new heart transplant).

in the entire 40-year history of Star Wars, there have ALWAYS been "stories by George" (aka canon) vs. "stories by [NOT George]" (aka EU), and the fandom enjoyed BOTH.

but now we are told "everything is canon", and this places a HUGE amount of scrutiny on the NuSW. this makes it impossible to enjoy NuSW, at all.

IMO it was a mistake for Disney to declare the NuSW to be a continuation of "Stories By George" (when George is NO LONGER writing stories LOL). it's absurd.

this Orwellian Doublethink is not sustainable, in the long term -- it was only a matter of time before the fandom figured it out -- this stuff is NOT "Stories By George" LOL

if Disney would have sold their NuSW, in the same context as the Thrawn novels, then we WOULD allow ourselves to ENJOY it...

....but instead they sold it as the direct continuation of "Lucas Star Wars" -- this was a HUGE mistake.

ie: you are correct. this is NOT "Lucas Star Wars".

it's ALL "EU" NOW... and there's NOTHING wrong with that. LOL

for 40 years, the definition of "EU" remained the same -- "Stories by [NOT George]" have ALWAYS been labelled "EU".

we need to acknowledge this Disney stuff IS, by definition, "EU"

(this makes it MUCH easier, to enjoy it for what it is).

cheers!
    Last edited by Cobalt60; 09-29-2019 at 02:40 PM.
    "Is there anyone on this ship, who even remotely, looks like Satan?" -- James Kirk, U.S.S. Enterprise.

Quote Originally Posted by newmennium View Post
    I've heard that Lucas still gets royalties for the original characters, and if that's true it would explain alot!
    There is no evidence to support this and, financially speaking, makes no sense for Disney when they were drawing up the contract back in 2011/2012. Lucas sold Star Wars and Disney owns Star Wars completely.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyWampa View Post
    There is no evidence to support this and, financially speaking, makes no sense for Disney when they were drawing up the contract back in 2011/2012. Lucas sold Star Wars and Disney owns Star Wars completely.
    Can you verify that? We know he kept the original props, so what else did GL keep? I think it makes perfect sense, and I believe he's also entitled to royalties under the writers guild.

This rumor supposedly came from an inside source at Lucasfilm.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...ally-attached/

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by newmennium View Post
    Can you verify that? We know he kept the original props, so what else did GL keep? I think it makes perfect sense, and I believe he's also entitled to royalties under the writers guild.

This rumor supposedly came from an inside source at Lucasfilm.

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/...ally-attached/

Best part of the article

The rumor comes from YouTuber Doomcock.

HAHAHA! That's a great YouTube name!
    "He's no good to me dead."-Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Verbal21 View Post
    Best part of the article
    <In my best Jack Black voice> "No need to doubt the mighty Doomcock! Dude is straight up, he only deals in hard evidence." LMAO!!!

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112