Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Action in ROTJ extremely delayed

Quote Originally Posted by King_Goji View Post
    Yep, you are absolutely right.
    I always thought it was, then the last time I was watching ROTJ it was the un-remastered DVD version, and the picture was cropped just enough to obscure the obvious parts that clearly identify it as a Bomber.
    Also, that site is fantastic! Never knew it existed.
    Of course now I feel like a real ***, in watching ROTJ over the weekend, I just remembered/re-saw that they very clearly show the top of the TIE Bomber while Vader's shuttle is landing.

Something else that struck me, watching ROTJ, we always think of the AT-ST crews being 2-man, shouldn't they be 3-man?
    The AT-ST that Chewie steals, had three people in it.

One- gets shot by Leia as soon as the action starts.
    Two- gets tossed by Chewie
    Three- gets beat up by the Ewoks.

Also noticed that the ROTJ AT-ST's still had the "achilles tendon" on them (like the ESB film version and the vintage/POTF2 mold does) even though the BAT-ST toy does not.

There was quite a bit of time between Leia shooting the crew member and Chewie boarding the AT-ST. Perhaps a surplus driver got on board in the mean time?

I think those tendons were omitted from the Legacy-mold AT-STs to maximize posability. Less movable toys and models often have the tendons.
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018
    http://www.filedropper.com/rushiesrebelscumfile

There were multiple AT-ST's in that battle. Do we know for sure that the same AT-ST guy that Leia shot at was the same AT-ST that Chewy commandeers later?
    Just like the time I could have met Mr. T at the mall. The entire day, I kept saying, "l'll go a little later, I'll go a littler later..." And when I got there, they told me he just left. And when I asked the mall guy if he'll ever come back again, he said he didn't know. Well, I'm never going to let something like that happen again!

Both AT-STs have the exact same diagonal blaster damage on the nose panel. The one replicated in the TVC release and TAC ultimate battle pack.
    UPDATED! Check out my handy worksheet, listing every 1/18th release from 1978 till now
    Easily filtered on source, line, type, product, character name, species and category. Updated till 10-7-2018

Quote Originally Posted by Rushie View Post
    There was quite a bit of time between Leia shooting the crew member and Chewie boarding the AT-ST. Perhaps a surplus driver got on board in the mean time?
    Possible, however it seems awfully risky to lower the AT-ST to let another crew member climb in while they are in the heat of a full out war. Between the new crew member getting shot while climbing in, or having a rebel or Ewok getting in, or throwing a thermal detonator in, when they have the hatch open.
    Also, there are no AT-ST drivers shown on the ground with the other troops. They are only ever shown in the walkers. So unless we are to believe that they were "just off screen", where would he have come from?

I think those tendons were omitted from the Legacy-mold AT-STs to maximize posability. Less movable toys and models often have the tendons.
    I don't think it would've hindered the articulation at all, though. It didn't need to be actually connected to the "heel", just rest against it like the vintage mold.
    I wonder if they actually left it off on purpose, or if it was just a mistake on their part.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Goji View Post
    Possible, however it seems awfully risky to lower the AT-ST to let another crew member climb in while they are in the heat of a full out war. Between the new crew member getting shot while climbing in, or having a rebel or Ewok getting in, or throwing a thermal detonator in, when they have the hatch open.
    Also, there are no AT-ST drivers shown on the ground with the other troops. They are only ever shown in the walkers. So unless we are to believe that they were "just off screen", where would he have come from?
    My guess would be that the AT-STs having the same battle damage is a continuity error. They used the same model for different instances of a walker.

However, if Leia shoots the one AT-ST driver right at the beginning of the battle, surely the other occupant must have started moving around in it during the battle. Otherwise there would be a a stray AT-ST hanging around near the bunker the whole battle.

Well sure, the damage itself isn't proof it's the same AT-ST

Even in AotC all Clones have the same exact battle damage, even though changing the CGI textures would be much easier and cheaper than building a new AT-ST stop motion model.

Well sure, the damage itself isn't proof it's the same AT-ST

Even in AotC all Clones have the same exact battle damage, even though changing the CGI textures would be much easier and cheaper than building a new AT-ST stop motion model.
    That's odd that they would choose to do it that way. Seems like an oversight in attention to detail.

Come to think of it, what was that AT-ST driver doing hanging out up top looking at the scenery? The battle had already started. He should have been down the hatch already. He's the most deserving to die character in Star Wars.
    Last edited by ZevSenesca; 05-08-2019 at 03:30 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234