Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your latest Kenner acquisition?

Got an all original minty at at complete and a dead mint snowspeeder complete for less than the price most stores want for the at at alone. Then stopped at a yard sale and found a complete taun taun with snapped reigns, luke and han hoth a stormtrooper and 2 mini rigs. Also a yoda hand puppet. Quite the day. Never owned a vintage at at im so psyched.

Love the hidden R2 story. Something about a childhood toy that keeps the inner child smiling.

Quote Originally Posted by Funny how reuniting with this little guy brought all that back. Just part of what makes these toys so special.
    [URL="http://forum.rebelscum.com/photogallery/data/500/IMG_9373.jpg"
    [/URL]

AWESOME POST Master Com!!! I had a tear almost drip down! Especially since I sold my vintage toys in the 90's!

I love that someone’s latest acquisition can be something they’ve owned for 35 years!
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

I recently purchased a non-Star Wars grail I'd been looking for off and on since I was seven; nearly twenty-eight years of sometimes casual and sometimes dedicated searching. Trouble was, it had quite the hefty price and I had a time limit to come up with it; so I ended up selling my minty Imperial Dignitary to help gather the necessary funds faster. I regretted it almost immediately; but found one this morning in condition just as great plus cheaper than the original Dignitary I bought; so I quickly snatched him up to correct my hasty mistake.
    "Evacuate? In our moment of triumpth? I think you overestimate their chances!"

Quote Originally Posted by Snowtrooper1138 View Post
    I recently purchased a non-Star Wars grail I'd been looking for off and on since I was seven; nearly twenty-eight years of sometimes casual and sometimes dedicated searching. Trouble was, it had quite the hefty price and I had a time limit to come up with it; so I ended up selling my minty Imperial Dignitary to help gather the necessary funds faster. I regretted it almost immediately; but found one this morning in condition just as great plus cheaper than the original Dignitary I bought; so I quickly snatched him up to correct my hasty mistake.
    Man, yeah we all have that one, or in my case multiple items, that we wish we would have never sold. I'm sure you're stoked to have your ID back in hand and at a cheaper price at that. Sometimes the world spins the way it does for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by WampasGottaEat2 View Post
    Man, yeah we all have that one, or in my case multiple items, that we wish we would have never sold. I'm sure you're stoked to have your ID back in hand and at a cheaper price at that. Sometimes the world spins the way it does for a reason.
    Very true, Wampa. We all do have that one and the world does spin of it's own accord. I'm just glad I could easily and quickly fix my mistake and lay the resulting regret to rest. At any rate; I suppose I'm posting prematurely here; but my next *planned* Kenner purchase is a loose, complete General Madine and Rebel Commando combo. Hair/beard variations of the general don't concern me; but for Madine to be a cheap and easy figure to obtain I've had a surprisingly difficult time locating one with a great face without any rubs/paint loss.

^ To confirm my above post I bought the General Madine and Rebel Commando earlier today; my latest Kenner acquisitions.

Picked up a near mint HK version of Bib Fortuna - complete with belt and cloak. I was pleasantly surprised there are no paint rubs or deco issues. He is easily one of my favorite ROTJ aliens and action figures from that movie. Best yet, he was only $8. I'm happy to add more vintage Kenner to my collection, when I can get them at a reasonable price. For under $10, I'll be aiming to add some more Kenner figures to my collection that I once owned as a kid. I think the Hasbro Retro collection is helping motivate me to track certain figures down, so long as they fall under their pricepoint for replicas.

Just picked up a near mint loose star destroyer commander.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast