Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that drive you nuts?

Things that drive you nuts?

I'd like to know what drives you nuts about people or other things ? Not politically or nothing really deep but just annoying things. Like when you are in grocery aisle and another person just stands in middle of aisle blocking it for no good reason. Or watching T.V. and seeing same commercial 15 times in a row. Even stuff that co-workers do that irritates the heck out of you. One of mine is having to do all the work at the grocery. The shopping, the self checkout and the bagging. Then having to give the store the money for doing all the work. It's ok on a few items but local stores are now trying it on big orders. Giving customers a shopping scanner to use in store for " faster service". Drives me nuts seeing that. It's like why hire anybody to work there. Anybody else got stuff that makes crazy when they see it?

Oh and remaking movies from my youth. Leave my childhood memories alone Hollywood. Come up with new ideas instead of just trying to make a fast buck.

Wow, where to start? The people who block aisles at the grocery store is a big one for me. I also seem to run into the worst offenders every single time I'm at the store.

People who do 40 MPH when trying to merge onto the highway.

My one coworker who calls in sick all the time. I get the people get sick and sometimes you have to call in, but this guy does it all the time. He also sounds as though he's on death's door whenever he calls in. "Um, Bob, you just said you had a bad cold and a 99-degree fever. I don't need the 'sick voice.'"

Robocalls.

Poor communications. Just in the last two months I've missed out on at least half a dozen events with my kids, and my kids have missed out on just as many things, because the people in charge didn't communicate them out, or didn't do so effectively. Don't send me an angry email after the fact saying that you had to cancel an event due to low participation when you never sent out the initial email saying that the event had been scheduled!

People who run red lights.

People who can't do their own job. I have a manager/team lead who is constantly sending out emails asking us to do really simple things for him, like calling or emailing someone else for him. He gets upset with me over his email requests because I just forward his emails to the intended target.

People who get spruced up to come to the gym, especially first thing in the morning. Why on earth would you wake up an extra 30-60 minutes early to shower, do your hair, do your makeup, etc. just to come to the gym and get all sweaty?

Bullies. I could go on for pages about them.

Gossips. Ditto.

Stores that put an item on sale, then put out just a few each morning and never restock.

People who tell you they know more about a topic than you do, when you're very knowledgeable and/or an expert and they clearly don't know anything about it.

I have plenty more...

The grocery store aisle blockers hits a chord for me. People that have been at the store with me will testify, I make it a point to go down those aisles, especially if its occupied by a couple people that have run into each other and decided this is a good place to catch up, and I will politely but deliberately, make them move. The look when they snap back to reality and realize "Oh yeah, I'm in literally everyone's way" is worth its weight in gold.

Those are all good, but the one thing that really annoys me the most..

I go to a lot of Auctions. When someone buys a Vintage toy and turns around and gives it to a little kid that is there with them just to keep them happy while the adult stands around.
    I watches a Vader case of Vintage Figures sell, about 20 in there, nothing rare, no weapons or anything. But it went for well more than I was willing to give, ($150) He takes the item, goes back to to a group of kids (5-8 yrs old?) and they start playing with them right there.

I have seen this many times, might not be a Star Wars Toy, but something thats worth a lot more than something a kid should be tearing up.

People who stand so close to you when you're checking out that you're practically dating them!! Oh man does that irk the heck out of me!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_MaHaBe View Post
    Those are all good, but the one thing that really annoys me the most..

I go to a lot of Auctions. When someone buys a Vintage toy and turns around and gives it to a little kid that is there with them just to keep them happy while the adult stands around.
    I watches a Vader case of Vintage Figures sell, about 20 in there, nothing rare, no weapons or anything. But it went for well more than I was willing to give, ($150) He takes the item, goes back to to a group of kids (5-8 yrs old?) and they start playing with them right there.

I have seen this many times, might not be a Star Wars Toy, but something thats worth a lot more than something a kid should be tearing up.
    No offense meant really, but your most annoying thing is when people give toys to kids?

I'm more annoyed by the guy that buys all the stuff to go scalp it later. The secondary market has killed a lot of the fun of collecting in my opinion. Exclusives now have 2 middle men, the store and the guy that bought them all at store price to resell for twice as much.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007

http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

I could go on for hours about things that drive me nuts while driving, but my number one pet peeve is when the driver behind you doesn't actually stop for a stop sign but instead just kind of piggybacks on your stop. In other words, I stop, then go, then look in my rear view mirror to see the guy behind me zipping through the intersection without hesitation as if to say "I'm with him."

Keknivek -
    You miss understand. Its about the fact that they are buying them not knowing how old they are or the value. When they could buy the kids the box of Happy Meal toys that is coming up next and they would have been just as happy. I don't buy high and sell high. I buy low and sell low. Most figures in my antiques store I sell for $5 each.

What about when they call for a trace of snow, the couple that goes and buys 5 gallons of milk, 7 loaves of bread,and 12 dozens of eggs? Knowing 2 days later it will be 50 degrees. Exactly how much French toast can 2 people eat in 2 days?

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast