Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 198

Thread: Things that drive you nuts?

  1. #11
    Oh. And people that can't merge onto highways. Dear God people, you don't stop on the ramp!!!! Or worse stopping on the highway to let the car in. Seen it and wanted to tell the driver to pull over their car and just walk.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_MaHaBe View Post
    Keknivek -
    You miss understand. Its about the fact that they are buying them not knowing how old they are or the value. When they could buy the kids the box of Happy Meal toys that is coming up next and they would have been just as happy. I don't buy high and sell high. I buy low and sell low. Most figures in my antiques store I sell for $5 each.
    I was being a little 'tongue in cheek' with my response, but still... I've bought toys at auctions and let my kids play with them because it keeps them occupied. I wouldn't pay $150 for vintage Star Wars figures, but $10-20 for a box of stuff is worth it to allow me and my wife to enjoy the auction. I understood your premise, I just don't think you can begrudge someone for buying toys (no matter how vintage or valuable they might be) and letting a kid play with it.

    Here's something that grinds my gears. I see antique stores, resell shops, and flea markets marking up Star Wars simply because it's Star Wars ALL the time. I talked to one guy that was always selling toys at a flea market near my home and he grumbled all the time about never making any money, but he had loose Star Wars figures for $8-10 (some vintage, some not), carded figures were always over $10, and he had some that he deemed his "money makers" (that ironically never sold) which were $50-100... I told him once that none of the stuff he had was worth what he had on it but he didn't want to hear that so he sat and kept his unsold toys company for years. I never brought it up again, but bent cards or no accessories or paint loss... not of that stuff will sell for anything.

    Put something on E-bay and get it in front of thousands of eyes and maybe it'll sell for $10. Put something on your table at a local shop and it's probably going to sit for a long time unless it's $2-3... even much of he 90's stuff on cards.
    "The Marvel and Transformers team must share a lunch table.
    Star Wars must have sat with GI Joe team." ~ indysolo007


    http://starwarslists.blogspot.com/

  3. #13
    Ah yes. Online items, a blessing and a curse at the same time.
    Try finding most Wal-Mart exclusives on the shelf in my area. You don't. Most I never see unless on their website but oddly sold by a 3rd party with a much higher price. Now that's a real pain for true collectors.

  4. #14
    There's been an abandoned van at work for months and it grinds me every morning when I pull in to the lot. I think it's a fellow employee's, but seriously...

    Oh yeah, and it's been double parked the whole time.
    Things I need
    Marvel Legends Scarlet Witch (Allfather), Titanium Boba Fett helmet
    Have: BF Shocktrooper, various TFA, Tarkin, Zuckuss
    "Warning: If your Man is Iron for more than four hours, consult your Doctor Doom...

  5. #15
    -Ditto on coworkers who always call in sick. I have one who does it on a weekly basis. The rest of us need to do our own work, plus his, and when he comes back he gives you a huge story about how sick he was without even a thank you for picking up his slack. But if the roles are reversed he goes all the way to management complaining he had to do extra work because someone called in sick.

    -Superiors who are unqualified, not experienced enough, or not knowledgeable of the job and what the workers below them have to deal with. They expect you to make them look good. It kills me to do a good job on something, only to have the credit stolen by someone who is desperate to improve their image to others since they can't on their own.

    -People who don't know how to use 4-way stops, or are impatient at one. Like almost everyday I go through the same one at work and sometimes when I'm approaching it at the same pace of another vehicle, they'll floor it and then slam on their breaks to make sure they're there first. Or when someone is there first and are signaling to make a turn through the intersection and you're going straight. They think they have to wait for you to proceed. Not how it works and it makes for a stressful situation if it is really busy.

    -Women who are overly passive aggressive. I just cringe when I hear them subtly taking shots at each other in a polite manner with smiles on their face. Might as well just say how you feel. I find guys more often just say what's on their mind.

    -People who use the gym acting like they're better than everyone else because they go. I don't have a beach bod by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not fat either and am barely above average weight for my height. My job is very physically demanding, and I'm a volunteer firefighter, both of which I do just fine at. Yet I feel when someone I know is talking about going to the gym so they aren't lazy or fat and look right at me as they say it, they are implying I'm those things. I can't help but chuckle when I'm munching on a donut in the office, and I see one of the gym rats try to take one and look around to see if anyone saw. Or when we're doing something physically demanding and they need to stop for a break and I keep going and they look at me like they don't understand how I'm doing it because I never go to the gym. They don't understand some of us are just as strong as a result of hard work.

    -Drivers who don't pull over or give way to emergency vehicles. Because whatever you're going to do is much higher priority than the people trapped in a house that's on fire.

    -People who get pets but don't take care of them. Self explanatory.

  6. #16
    I agree with you on that one. If you become a pet owner that's a choice you made. Take care of the animal as part of your family. People that abuse animals when they depend on you to take of them and give you back unconditional love and loyalty.
    When owners abuse that trust.....They are the worst type of person alive. Same with elderly abuse and special needs persons. When a person crosses that line by abuse,they should suffer the worst type of punishment. Sorry for the strongly worded statement by when I hear about that, it really strikes a chord with me.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Hawk_33 View Post
    -People who use the gym acting like they're better than everyone else because they go. I don't have a beach bod by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm not fat either and am barely above average weight for my height. My job is very physically demanding, and I'm a volunteer firefighter, both of which I do just fine at. Yet I feel when someone I know is talking about going to the gym so they aren't lazy or fat and look right at me as they say it, they are implying I'm those things. I can't help but chuckle when I'm munching on a donut in the office, and I see one of the gym rats try to take one and look around to see if anyone saw. Or when we're doing something physically demanding and they need to stop for a break and I keep going and they look at me like they don't understand how I'm doing it because I never go to the gym. They don't understand some of us are just as strong as a result of hard work.

    -People who get pets but don't take care of them. Self explanatory.
    Agree with these completely. I don't go to the gym or work out either, but do exercise somewhat. And, I sometimes still enjoy junk food - LOL. I think some people like to brag & act like they're better than others re: 'eating healthy', but in actuality they're just as gluttonous as the rest of us - but just don't want to admit this - LOL.

    To add to you post about people who buy pets but don't take care of them, I will add a related pet peeve as being: Kids who beg their parents to buy pets, but then end up making the parents take care of them - because the kids are too lazy & entitled to do so.

    Quote Originally Posted by r2d6kelly View Post
    I agree with you on that one. If you become a pet owner that's a choice you made. Take care of the animal as part of your family. People that abuse animals when they depend on you to take of them and give you back unconditional love and loyalty. When owners abuse that trust.....They are the worst type of person alive. Same with elderly abuse and special needs persons. When a person crosses that line by abuse,they should suffer the worst type of punishment. Sorry for the strongly worded statement by when I hear about that, it really strikes a chord with me.
    Yes - I agree with all of this.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 03-08-2019 at 09:26 PM.

  8. #18
    Or worse getting a pet for Christmas or birthday then after a couple of weeks taking it back. Sometimes wish people could switch places with animals to see how that feels getting attached then taken away.
    Last edited by r2d6kelly; 03-08-2019 at 11:09 AM.

  9. #19
    There's been a dude drilling into a cement wall at work today. And it has been incessant. My head is absolutely pounding now.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by DagMarus View Post
    There's been a dude drilling into a cement wall at work today. And it has been incessant. My head is absolutely pounding now.
    Looking for Al Capones vault?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •