Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that drive you nuts?

Quote Originally Posted by ThallJoben View Post
    As someone who orders a lot online as well, I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I agree it's a huge hassle to need to be home so you can sign off on package deliveries. If you're not, they won't deliver them & then you're forced to have to go pick them up at the post office eventually; In my area, IIRC they try to deliver them 2-3 times before they leave them at the post office for a limited time.

However, this practice ensures that you will get the packages in your hand & that they won't be stolen off your front porch area (something that happens quite a bit, unfortunately).

I also suspect this is done in order for the seller to ensure that you (the buyer) receives the items. I.e., if you send someone an item & there's no verification that they received it, the buyer can always claim they never got the item (even if it's not true).

Just my .02
    It was a minor incovenience and I kind of understand why the seller wanted that extra level of confirmation, since it cost nearly $400. Still, all that's necessary for eBay's buyer protection to kick in is a tracking number and a delivery confirmation from the post office. I don't have a problem if someone does want signature confirmation as well, but at least mention that in the auction description. This way buyers can decide for themselves if it's worth that extra bit of hassle.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

The countdown to my next birthday. Less than 2 weeks and really not looking for to it. It reminds me of being a kid and seeing older people and saying " I'm never going to be that old". And now in about 2 weeks I will be. I know it's just a number, but the thought of it just makes me sad.

My job only has 4 employees. Half the employees are out sick. Me and the new guy are doing twice the work, and I’m exhausted. Now I find out I’m going to continue the whole week.

****ing hire more employees for ****s sake. The owners are real ****ing lucky I wasn’t sick too otherwise they’d be ****ed. They’re lucky I haven’t quit yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mildoo View Post
    My job only has 4 employees. Half the employees are out sick. Me and the new guy are doing twice the work, and I’m exhausted. Now I find out I’m going to continue the whole week.

****ing hire more employees for ****s sake. The owners are real ****ing lucky I wasn’t sick too otherwise they’d be ****ed. They’re lucky I haven’t quit yet.
    Then you guys should be getting double the pay. They can't just say, Oh you guys take up the slack---for the same pay.
    Ask for some sort of compensation.
    MOC? We don't need no steenkin' cards!
    My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by HappyNoodleBoy View Post
    Then you guys should be getting double the pay. They can't just say, Oh you guys take up the slack---for the same pay.
    Ask for some sort of compensation.
    If you make it through without complaining and your superiors are good people, they will take notice and when something like a promotion comes along, kindly remind them. I run 2 departments at my job and my superiors know it. I get cut a lil extra slack here and there. If they are unappreciative then screw with them and call in sick too.

I'm just looking for a new job at this point. I've been asked by the owners to take on more responsibilities a couple of times before, but I've been giving them the run-around, because if I get promoted here, I'm getting promoted in a dead end job, and I hate that feeling of getting pulled in deeper into the quicksand.

Well at least you get to see the doughnut guy from the old Dunkin doughnuts commercials everyday. How’s he doing,
    ?

Sadly, that's the norm nowadays. The slackers will get by doing minimal work while others bust their hump. And bosses don't care who does all the work as long as it gets done and makes them look good in the end. That's why they lose good workers daily, only to replace them with some loser slacker. Which then saves company more money in hourly wages. Let's face it, most companies suck. They're dead end, mind numbing jobs of repetitive motion. It's not like it used to be where people stayed at one job for a career and got well taken care of by their company. Times have changed, mostly for the worse in some cases.
    Last edited by r2d6kelly; 09-19-2019 at 05:29 AM.

My wife’s co. Uses a temp service, and subsequently things go from bad to worse. They complain; they don’t want to do a days work; sometimes they don’t even show up. The regular employees are forced to work OT & weekends, and then the home office complains they’re over budget.

Companies get what they pay for. There's a reason why temps are temps. But will say a few do a great job,but only because they really want a permanent one not just a few bucks.
    Last edited by r2d6kelly; 09-20-2019 at 02:04 PM.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast