Thread: For Old Marvel Series Fans

For Old Marvel Series Fans

Front page has an article on the releases for May comics, including a reprint of an Ewoks cartoon comic PLUS a brand new issue of the original marvel star wars run. Apparently Jaxxon, etc will be in issue #108 of the old series.

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front...019_183204.asp
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Do the new young writers of Marvel even know Valance at all?

They better not F it up

Quote Originally Posted by patrickdurfee View Post
    Do the new young writers of Marvel even know Valance at all?

They better not F it up
    I'm gonna award you points for having a strong stand on an obscure character.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Interestingly enough, in the Han Solo: Imperial Cadet mini-series that's currently running, they've actually introduced the character into canon as one of Han's fellow cadets. The name wasn't registering at first, but after last week's issue I finally made the connection.
    Last edited by jedicrippler; 02-22-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    No shoes, no brain, no service!

http://forum.rebelscum.com/showthread.php?t=852599 - Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by jedicrippler View Post
    Interestingly enough, in the Han Solo: Imperial Cadet mini-series that's currently running, they've actually introduced the character into canon as one of Han's fellow cadets. The name wasn't registering at first, but after last week's issue I finally made the connection.
    That's pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Valance isn't that obscure if you were around back in the day. He was the OG bounty hunter, even before Boba Fett was a twinkle in George Lucas's eye...and a cyborg to boot! One of the best characters to come out of the old Marvel days in my opinion.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy_Ray View Post
    Valance isn't that obscure if you were around back in the day. He was the OG bounty hunter, even before Boba Fett was a twinkle in George Lucas's eye...and a cyborg to boot! One of the best characters to come out of the old Marvel days in my opinion.
    It wasn't meant as a dig. My star wars comic collection back then was pretty limited. Got my comics off the spin racks at grocery stores and convenience stores so there were huge gaps between issues. Go in 1 week and they have Star Wars #48 and you go in the next month and they have issue #53. GI Joe was the only comic I was able to consistently find issues of back then. The star wars series had long been canceled before I lived anywhere near a comic book store.

Yeah, I was too young to be a consistent collector of the comics as well. but tried to make an exception for Star Wars...at least the early ones between ANH and ESB. My uncle was a huge comic collector and my aunt worked at a news stand, so that definitely helped. We moved to Europe right after ESB came out and comics were harder to come by. I know they seem kind of silly nowadays but 10-12 year old me really dug those old comics...the original EU.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

I liked the star wars comics I got back in the day but they just never quite jived with me. I was too young to know what canon was but i could tell the comics and limited books weren't "real" star wars lol. They were fun comics though and perhaps it might make me take another look at them when I pick up #108. It'll be awhile though since I'm working on a GI Joe tpb collection including Special Missions as well as collecting tpbs for OG guardians of the galaxy.