Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebration Get Together

Celebration Get Together

Would anyone be interested in a forum member get-together at Celebration Chicago?

There is also an AFOL Shopping Day on April 13th (Saturday). It starts at 9am, one hour before the LEGO Brand Store in Water Tower Place officially opens at 10am, and runs to 9pm.

Those getting there at 9am will be greeted by the store's manager, be given drinks and snacks, a gift bag for each participating AFOL, entry into a raffle of a few LEGO sets and the 15% AFOL discount offer!

Discount applies to on all items - except D2C exclusives, Hard to Find items, MINDSTORMS EV3, already discounted articles, and gift certificate - below $99.95 (with a maximum of 3 copies per set) to a total value of $2000 per individual purchase.

You have to be a VIP member and bring your card, and have a special sticker which I can supply if there is interest. Post your interest here if you are up for either a Celebration or AFOL Day meet up. I will reserve the right to exclude members who have not participated in these LEGO forums.
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Are you coming here from the land down under to go to celebration? Wow. The lego store sounds interesting seeing that’s what we do. Not going to celebration myself. Going to spend the money on lego.

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    Are you coming here from the land down under to go to celebration?
    Yep - driving from LA to Chicago on Route 66, and then back again after the con. AKA Order 66 Road Trip

I'm giving a panel talk on 20 years of LEGO Star Wars too.

Sorry stupid question, but what is an AFOL shopping day experience. This'll be my first celebration so would love to do the panel as part of the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Yep - driving from LA to Chicago on Route 66, and then back again after the con. AKA Order 66 Road Trip

I'm giving a panel talk on 20 years of LEGO Star Wars too.

Well NOW I might need to go. Do you know the date and time of your panel or is it still too far out?

Quote Originally Posted by INDY View Post
    Well NOW I might need to go. Do you know the date and time of your panel or is it still too far out?
    At the moment it's scheduled for Friday the 12th, 6 to 7pm. It shouldn't change.

Quote Originally Posted by DRUMI33 View Post
    but what is an AFOL shopping day experience.
    It is run by LEGO as a separate occasion that takes place every 2 or 3 months to give AFOLs a chance to get together and geek out without feeling like weirdoes because there are kids and parents around.

To be clear, it's not connected to Celebration, Star Wars or Lucasfilm/Disney in any way. It's just coincidence that it happens on Celebration weekend.
    Last edited by Jeremy; 02-21-2019 at 04:08 AM.

So long as there isn't a big panel on Saturday morning, I'd be down to get together at the LEGO store!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Would anyone be interested in a forum member get-together at Celebration Chicago?

There is also an AFOL Shopping Day on April 13th (Saturday). It starts at 9am, one hour before the LEGO Brand Store in Water Tower Place officially opens at 10am, and runs to 9pm.

Those getting there at 9am will be greeted by the store's manager, be given drinks and snacks, a gift bag for each participating AFOL, entry into a raffle of a few LEGO sets and the 15% AFOL discount offer!

Discount applies to on all items - except D2C exclusives, Hard to Find items, MINDSTORMS EV3, already discounted articles, and gift certificate - below $99.95 (with a maximum of 3 copies per set) to a total value of $2000 per individual purchase.

You have to be a VIP member and bring your card, and have a special sticker which I can supply if there is interest. Post your interest here if you are up for either a Celebration or AFOL Day meet up. I will reserve the right to exclude members who have not participated in these LEGO forums.
    That's the store I walk over to once or twice a week at lunch just to get out of the office... also the store where I met Paul Stanley.

I'm going to be buying a Cloud City set at some point and that 15% sounds awesome... is AFOL a thing you sign up for or is it just a designation for adult Lego fans? I.E., can I get 15% off just by being there that day or do I need to do something first?
    Last edited by Kneel_Before_Zod; 02-26-2019 at 05:45 PM.

I plan on being there for the panel and would like to meet up at least at celebration, not sure if I could make it to the Lego store by 9 though as rest of family is getting to Chicago a few hours later and going to that store is always a must.

If the event starts at 9:00 am, what's a reasonable time to meet and get in line? 8:00?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast