View Poll Results: Will you be purchasing the Star Wars Retro figures?

Voters
110. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I will buy them all

38 34.55%
  • Will be selective, maybe a small handful

27 24.55%
  • No, I will not collect this line at all

45 40.91%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Poll - Retro SW Figures - Buying or Passing?

I bought all these in the seventies and sold them in the nineties, only to start collecting hasbro figures in the 2000s. No need to backtrack for me...the level of detail and articulation that modern figures have is what I wanted even back then (well, until this recent 5POA resurgence which I loathe). Besides, with the prices of the vintage collection rising, I can't even afford all the stuff I want now.

My hope is that the line stays simple. The original vintage line was very simple. although they seem like they plan to expand the line with a few new never before dine figures, I hope they don't get carried away like Sandtroopers with all the different pauldrons or dirty non dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkManX View Post
    Initially I wasn't going to get any. Then I decided I want to get Tarkin. And then I decided it would be cool to have a Han whose head didn't have to be glued back on. Then I decided it would be cool to have Obi Wan,Vader, and Luke figures that's lightsabers aren't colored toothpicks. At this point I may as well just get them all lol.
    Give in to the dark side Maybe being exclusives will help this line out at least to start with, the options are endless. If they can tap into nostalgia and get collectors hooked most people would probably collect them all.

Buying... definitely. Very amused by this line and utterly thrilled to see it happen.

If these are online only i'm safe/not buying. If i see them in the wild (pause for laughter) I doubt i'll be able to pass them up.

I think it's a neat line and the Tarkin figure is cool since we never got him back in 1978-1985. But, I don't have any real desire to pick these up and will be passing on them.
    Most Wanted
    Arleil Schous/Aunt Beru/Barada/BespEsc Leia/Cane Adiss/Cantina Bnd Mmbr/8D8/EV9D9/Ewk Leia/Fozec/Garouf Lafoe/Lak Sivrak/Lars GNK/Lobot/Momaw Nadon/MonMothma/Motti/Piett/Reegesk/SB Weequay/Shasa Tiel/Sim Aloo/Solomahal/Sy Snootles (puppet)/Taym Drengaren/Tessek/Tzizvvt/Velken Tezari/21B/Wuher/Yerka Mig/Yotts Orren/Yoxgit

Quote Originally Posted by Simdog View Post
    I'm strangely excited about it. I keep stating this. Excited about the possibilities. However, seeing how long its taking Hasbro to complete the Original vintage 92 in both modern figs (sim aloo) and vintage carded modern figures, it seems like its going to take forever. I would love some insight into if we will eventually but regularly get them all? I would be happy with about 12 to 20 of them a year.
    It would be a disaster if they remade them all. Think about all the Klaatus, Rancor Keepers, Lobots, etc that would never sell because you can buy the real deal for nearly same price. Not to mention they did not even sell well the first go-around.

Yeah, I think this is going to be a very small run. It would be cool if the other 6 where made(Ben Kenobi,Sand People, the Jawa which we never got a VTC version of yet, The Deathsquad Commander, R2 and 3PO).

Quote Originally Posted by KeepFrozen View Post
    It would be a disaster if they remade them all. Think about all the Klaatus, Rancor Keepers, Lobots, etc that would never sell because you can buy the real deal for nearly same price. Not to mention they did not even sell well the first go-around.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567