Thread: 1/6 Vander Chewbacca Statue

1/6 Vander Chewbacca Statue

Might as well start a thread for it. He looks great for sure, just isn't for me though.

Think these 1/6 statues would get more traction if their bases were environment based (Jakku for Rey etc etc)

PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

I love this piece and hope it gets a release.

I was at first confused by this thread's title.
    As in "What does this have to do with Jon Vander?"
    I now realize that Vandor is a "Solo" location. I wasn't sure since I've only seen "Solo" once. But Wookieepedia set me straight.

It did impress me when I saw it on Facebook the other day but as Iím strictly mini-busts Iíll not be tempted buy this one I donít think, especially now the company is in doubt as to what theyíll actually be making going forward & the shipping charges being obscene.
    Last edited by kevb0977; 02-19-2019 at 01:20 AM.
    "Look Sir, Droids"

I do not collect SOLO stuff, but I do have the movie. I'm thinking what is the purpose of a SOLO Chewbacca statue without a Han statue to go along with it? DST doesn't even have the Star Wars license at this point, and everything is pretty much hanging by an "If". To me, owning this statue right now is sort of like when their C-3PO statue from years ago was released, but there was never an R2-D2 to go with it. It feels a bit ... lonely?
    Last edited by LightSword; 02-19-2019 at 04:15 PM.
    - The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge -

My Feedback , My Collection

Completely agree with you Julian about the C3PO statue. I own it and it does look a little lonely without R2.

Though that's the thing I like about statues and how I personally display them. Unlike minbusts that I group into films. My statues I take as stand alone pieces.

I'm glad it works for you as a stand alone piece, Ron, as it is a nice statue, and I'm sure it will get released. I know this is a rather personal view of mine when it comes to Han and Chewbacca. Like you, I display many of my statues as stand alone pieces. It is just that when it comes to "buddies" "mates" "pals" which are seen most of the time in the films close to each other, I can't visually accept one without the other on a display setting. I know, I know... it's probably a psychological issue.
    Last edited by LightSword; 02-19-2019 at 06:06 AM.
    - The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it's the illusion of knowledge -

My Feedback , My Collection

Quote Originally Posted by BenObi_70 View Post
    I was at first confused by this thread's title.
    As in "What does this have to do with Jon Vander?"
    I now realize that Vandor is a "Solo" location. I wasn't sure since I've only seen "Solo" once. But Wookieepedia set me straight.
    It would help if I spelled Vandor right lol.
    PSN: BloodOps
    "I used to believe that being a good soldier meant doing everything they told you. That's how they engineered us. But we're not droids. We're not programmed. You have to learn to make your own decisions. "

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialOpsUnit View Post
    It would help if I spelled Vandor right lol.
    I think you can edit your post title.
    "No, no! No! THIS one goes there...THAT one goes there, right?" - Prop Collecting 101
    XBox Live Gamertag: CoolHandHan