Page 157 of 175 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1749

Thread: Jabba's Palace Adventure Set w/Han (Carbonite) & Ree-Yees

All 3 of the Walmarts near me have cut back their Star Wars section to just Lightsabers, the Kessel playset, and 6" black series figures. All of the Vintage Collection figures (the pegwarmers from Wave 1) are in their clearance section for $5. Hopefully Triple Force Friday will see an expansion back to a more significant size (but, I'm not counting on it).

This happens with nearly every relaunch of the line though. Things disappear, the section is barren. I wouldn’t be worried over it. And I wouldn’t be surprised if the set hits for Triple Force Friday.
    Last edited by Joe_B; 08-24-2019 at 10:02 AM.
    I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

I can't believe this is still not out at retail. I sold my set hoping to cash in on the frenzy and was planning to get a set when it shows up at retail but now I am regretting it.

I hope this somehow ends up making the rounds on Entertainment Earth or Dorkside since it seems to have been a total failure through Wal-Mart like all their exclusives have been in one way or another.

epic failure so far
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

I thought it wasn't due at retail until the Fall. What is all the complaining about? I despise Walmart exclusives just as much as the next guy and I'm the first the bash them when the mess up distribution but at least wait until they **** it up before calling this an epic failure.

Granted they will definitely mess this up...

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post
    I thought it wasn't due at retail until the Fall. What is all the complaining about? I despise Walmart exclusives just as much as the next guy and I'm the first the bash them when the mess up distribution but at least wait until they **** it up before calling this an epic failure.

I think it’s fair to call this a failure. Last i heard this may show up in the fall, it’s not a guarantee. And considering it came and went on their website a few months ago that seems a little odd. Look at the TVC skiff Lando. Still hasn’t ever shown up in stores. It was and I guess still is only available online. And that’s the other point. They sold through their initial allotment and have restocked. Jabbas set hasn’t. With Walmart’s track record lately, or for the last several years, I err on the side of they ****ed it up. And if they pull it off, then I’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by HothHan View Post

It's because there is no Toys R Us anymore, so Walmart doesn't have any real competitors in the toy market at the moment. Thus they can afford to get complacent and lazy. They might lose a few sales from adult collectors, but the next Fidget Spinner or Hatchimals or Fingerlings toy fad will more than make up for that.

"What about Target?" you might ask. Well, Walmart makes more money in the months of January through April, the slowest sales months of the year, than Target makes all year. Thus, Walmart doesn't consider Target to be a real competitor.
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

Thus, Walmart doesn't consider Target to be a real competitor.
    Interesting, that's exactly what Sears used to think about Wal-Mart. Apparently Target's not doing much better, considering they just shut down all of their Canadian stores. Weird how we're watching retail history repeat itself.
    Last edited by KiAdiRandy; 08-25-2019 at 06:32 PM.
    "You just watch yourself, we're wanted men! I have the death sentence on twelve systems!"

It's not over until you know who sings. Fall ain't even over, if this was scheduled to arrive that time of season. If by this time next year they have yet to surface, then I'd call it a failure to launch.

The biggest failure was not ordering enough initial units.
    Looking for:R3-H17, L3-37
    Sale List, Trade List, Non SW trades & Feedback

Page 157 of 175 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167 ... LastLast