Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1505

Thread: Jabba's Palace Adventure Set w/Han (Carbonite) & Ree-Yees

yea, I can't imagine that they would give up on this if it sold out this fast. Someone would have to be asleep at the wheel to not notice and restock this item. Hopefully their supply chain software is sophisticated enough to pick up on something like this that is "trending" and highlight it for re-order.

It's insane it's already sold through like this, not to mention, the took down the damn product page for it. They are probably sick of the calls already!
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Anymore I wonder if Walmart uses their site really to gage interest in something like this. I hope we see a bunch of these in stores. It would be boneheaded move not to.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrandon View Post

This is the response:

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting Hasbro,Inc. We appreciate your interest in our Star Wars Vintage Jabbas PalaceAdventure Set.

I apologize for the delay in ourresponse.

I see that this product is availablein Canada, but is a Walmart exclusive. Please keep in mind that depending ontime of year, retailer distribution systems, store inventory and salespatterns, it may take from several weeks up to several months after theavailability dates given for some products to show up on store shelves.

We apologize but we cannot guaranteeproduct availability at any one store.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Have a wonderful day!

Warmest Regards,

Gail
    Senior Representative - Hasbro Global Consumer Care

Sounds like a no go to me.
    Thanks for posting their response. You're right, it doesn't sound too promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
    You are 100% correct, but then again, every Ozark Trail Tent, or Mossy Oak Camo glove is also a Walmart exclusive.

My point is that while this is important to us, to WM, it is just another one of 10,000 items that their store sells. I just very much hope that they have more on order.
    This is true. It’s not like they’re TRYING to screw anyone. It’s just difficult to know if we’ll ever actually see this set (or any TVC waves, for that matter) in their stores. Walmart is generally still a great option for toys, just not currently for SW figures.

I just got back from Costa Rica, and the Walmart in San Jose has a few old red box Jyn and Cassian 3.75” Black Series figs on some pegs (along with a few Ninja Turtles, My Little Pony, and Transformers). It was maybe fifteen individual figure options across all franchises.

I will swear to you that like only 2% of the Costa Rican population of 4.6 million has ever seen any SW film, and yet that Walmart has those. I honestly think it’s for the tourists like me, because a lot of their retail is. I only went in there to check that very thing—the toy pegs. Locals clearly don’t get most of their stuff there, because it seems like the available products don’t fit their lifestyle at all (snorkel masks, sun-tan lotion, deep-cleansing pore strips, etc.). Even so, on my last day, while packing in my hotel room, I turned on the TV and saw RotJ in Spanish! I watched the whole Jabba’s Palace scene! Maybe people have seen the movies. So who knows why those characters are available. Contrary to what you might expect, I didn’t buy them.

Anyway, Walmart has thousands of worldwide stores, and product availability sometimes must suffer. But this set should be available online, at any rate.
    Last edited by Tulgah; 06-19-2019 at 11:04 AM.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

I have hope in the long game on this one, though. Just today I was in my Wal*Mart.They are currently getting remodeled, and they had planograms hanging up in the toy aisles. There is currently a spot called out for the Solo Kessel Playset, which was kicking around an aisle over.

(The new Star Wars section was empty, but the clearance rack had TVC Snokes for $2.50...and I still didn't buy one.)

So now I officially don't get what is going on over there, but there's hope they will get more Palace sets made and out on actual shelves next time!

Back in 2009 I remember seeing tons of the Endor AT-ST’s this was the one under the Legacy Collection. It took Walmart a while to clearance those as well as the MP Skywarp they had as well.

My Wal-Mart today had like 3 Kessel sets in store. I was actually impressed. TVC was marked down to 9.98 and a ton of Range Troopers and Cassians, one Rey and one SOLO Han.
    "you've taken your first step into a larger world"

Quote Originally Posted by Tulgah View Post
    I will swear to you that like only 2% of the Costa Rican population of 4.6 million has ever seen any SW film, and yet that Walmart has those. I honestly think it’s for the tourists like me, because a lot of their retail is. I only went in there to check that very thing—the toy pegs. Locals clearly don’t get most of their stuff there, because it seems like the available products don’t fit their lifestyle at all (snorkel masks, sun-tan lotion, deep-cleansing pore strips, etc.)
    Have to respectfully but completely disagree with this. I'm certain that more than 2% of all Costa Ricans have seen one or more of the SW movies. These films have had international appeal ever since the OT days. They may have just seen the films dubbed in Spanish - or in English with Spanish subtitles - but I'm sure many there have seen them.

Coincidentally, as a little kid I was in Costa Rica circa 1981 (with my family). I was a SW collector even then, and distinctly remember seeing some SW figures/vehicles in a store there (not Wal-mart, which I'm not sure was even around at the time). But, they had a very limited selection - which wasn't surprising.
    Last edited by ThallJoben; 06-20-2019 at 05:06 PM.

That’s why I immediately contradicted my own comment, in fact saying I saw it on national TV in the last fifteen minutes I was in the country (clearly I wasn’t the only one watching it).

But it does not seem like the kind of place where most people would have the time or kind of obsessive devotion to it that we invest; my point, of course, is that the figs are in stores even in a place where the local currency is 580 to 1 and cultural emphases (and socioeconomic distress) would seem to focus energy elsewhere (meaning that Walmart has a type of formula despite local conditions).

Trust me—when I posted, I knew for sure someone would take issue in minutes. Star Wars is truly one of the only things in the world that does seem to transcend any other cultural considerations, vast though they be.
    Did you enjoy my little storm, Ewoks?”—Morag the Tulgah Witch

Page 138 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140148 ... LastLast