Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Moff Tarkin - Retro Figure

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    Sometimes, they never happen! (cough, cough "Solo", "Resistance")
    Yes those sections never happened but both lines were pretty small, if Resistance grows I'll push for a seperate section. At least the current section has all the 5POA discussion in one place so the section could just be simply renamed as the 5POA figures section perhaps.

Yeah, Solo was a great film IMO, and it just doesn't get the love it deserves.
    I hope HASBRO finishes the original 92+ on the Vintage Collection Cards...(approx. 34 needed to complete it, depending on your certain point of view.)

This GMT retro figure looks sub-par; very similar to what I'd expect a bootleg to look like. I know that's intentional, but I have 0 interest in this. I guess that means there will be more to go around for those that do want this - LOL.

The POTF2 1997 figure was far superior in both appearance & sculpt, and that's a 22 year old figure at this point.

I want the Tarkin figure. I am not that thrilled with having to buy the game though. Maybe I can sell it and keep Tarkin.
    I am member number 666. Execute order 66!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandAdmiralJSK View Post
    Thank you for posting the image. This is my favourite thing from Toy Fair this year! Dorry NECA, you can't win every year (welcome back Hasbro).
    Wanted to buy (or trade for): Toynami Thundarr the Barbarian: Thundarr, Ariel and Ookla (all three, loose and complete or carded, but figures in NM/M condition). PM me.

This is probably THE single most popular character that vintage Kenner collectors have been asking for, so in that regard, Hasbro knocked it out of the park slating this release. Not sure if its something that interests me yet, but I'm glad it exists now. Releasing it with a game is an interesting choice, the pricepoint will really determine whether it becomes a "wait until clearance" item though.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Yes those sections never happened but both lines were pretty small, if Resistance grows I'll push for a seperate section. At least the current section has all the 5POA discussion in one place so the section could just be simply renamed as the 5POA figures section perhaps.
    Come on, brother. The "Solo" line was not "pretty small", it was huge, easily on par with TLJ and R1.

There are plenty of options here (still are) for a way to make the forums make more sense.

Make a combined "Force Link" forum. Or a "Spinoff Movie" forum.

I agree "Resistance" is currently too small to rate, but you could make an "Animation" forum and combine it with the other animated shows.

Just throwing that out there. Because having Solo (and even Resistance) inexplicably part of "Last Jedi" is just weird.

I wonder if the figure will come with a come with a scratch n' sniff sticker on its back emitting a foul stench?

I already bought a spare vintage Imperial Officer and POTFII Tarkin to customize into a vintage Grand Moff, so I don't know if I'll buy this one.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmii View Post
    I'll be buying this, but for some reason he looks a little off to me, but still cool.
    I am going to remove Tarkin from the box and of course leave him carded. I will keep the board game though. I did the same thing with the 40th Vader. I took him out of the box with the stand and left him on the card back.

I'm a customizer and created my own Tarkin which has been a nice fill-in. I will be happy to replace him with this "official" version of him now though. Never played or owned that game so I will most likely keep it and add it to board game collection.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast