Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Moff Tarkin - Retro Figure

Looking forward to Tarkin, always wanted one back in the day and very happy we'll finally be getting an old school Kenner version. Good job Hasbro! Now do a Sandtrooper and Rebel Fleet Trooper!
    Need Eight TVC VC 65 TIE Fighter Pilot cardbacks.

I'll be buying this, but for some reason he looks a little off to me, but still cool.
    I hope HASBRO finishes the original 92+ on the Vintage Collection Cards...(approx. 34 needed to complete it, depending on your certain point of view.)

Eh always something slightly weird about attempts to recreate the Kenner look. I have the same issues with Super 7 ReAction figures. They're admirable attempts, but not quite on the mark. Kenner had very limited reference photos and had to use their imaginations. You just can't authentically recreate that in the modern age. It'll always look slightly off. It's like buying a Fender Strat that was made last year, but they purposely made the paint worn to replicate travel wear.

Tarkin! At last!
    Star Wars fan since 1977.

This will be the only one of these that I will get...unless they make other "never before released" retro figures. I have the real versions of all of the others, so I don't feel the need to buy them, plus...big head Han? C'mon Hasbro! I'd maybe consider buying a set to keep carded if they didn't have that huge "retro collection" logo over the image.
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

Plus, I just think it's awesome that he comes in the Escape from the Death Star board game. Every time I think of that game I think of "Grand Moff Tarkin, spin again"
    Feedback thread
    Don't need a somewhat newer jocular since the older legacy collection hypnosis arena two pack jocular is still great and thing is that do all attack of the Clones Jedi figures really need jedi robes?

I saw he came with the game. I always wanted that too. Giant win all around.

Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    Lol the figures only just announced within the last 24hours, sub sections don't happen within seconds of picture s being revealed.
    Sometimes, they never happen! (cough, cough "Solo", "Resistance")

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast