Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Grand Moff Tarkin - Retro Figure

Quote Originally Posted by jedimasterc View Post
    well We all know Tarkin never was release in the vintage line. I actually wanted him since he had a big presence in the film. Itís amazing we got characters that were only in a scene for a few seconds that got a figure. Though some that had more screen time never did. Beru and Owen come it mind.
    I found out that Hasbro did eventually make a Beru figure. It was at the "flashback" end of their POTF2 stuff. Around 1999. She comes with a Treadwell Service Droid and some blue milk.

EDIT: I also found out that Owen was made twice. Once in 1997 and a second time in 2010.
    Last edited by Your_Scoundrel; 07-23-2019 at 12:34 AM. Reason: Forgot to look for Uncle Owen. I think the blue milk has gone green.
    Officially retired from anything tied to Star Wars toys since August, 2019.
    Nobody will believe my reasons. Because history says so.
    Officially returned to 2006-2018 TakaraTomy Transformers since September, 2019.
    No real difference. Just nobody telling me to do what I was already doing it.

It’s nice to see the game on the shelf and actually available in person. If the Grand Moffs were just cardbacks on a peg instead I can’t help but think they’d be long gone.

I like Tarkin but I wish the sculpt was slightly more advanced. They probably intentionally made him to look like he landed with everyone else in 1978 instead of a later 1985 POTF addition.

I think a number of collectors are waiting on Tarkin, because they're now warming shelves in some areas, and they're due for a wider release this Fall. I imagine there will be a significant clearance by the end of the year. If anyone is into making custom Kenner Imperial officers - you'll have your chance! There are rumors they might do another game / figure combo, but I'm hoping its not the case - just release the figures - I have no interest in all that extra cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by darth_sidious View Post
    I think a number of collectors are waiting on Tarkin, because they're now warming shelves in some areas, and they're due for a wider release this Fall. I imagine there will be a significant clearance by the end of the year. If anyone is into making custom Kenner Imperial officers - you'll have your chance! There are rumors they might do another game / figure combo, but I'm hoping its not the case - just release the figures - I have no interest in all that extra cardboard.
    Hmm... interesting. 'Battle At The Sarlacc Pit' game with Princess Leia (Jabba's Prisoner) release?

^ but didn't Disney put the axe to any future slave leia items? Maybe jabba palace ishi tib or human skiff guard. For ESB..yoda, jedi master game w/ dagobah training Luke

Quote Originally Posted by R1G4R3PO View Post
    ^ but didn't Disney put the axe to any future slave leia items? Maybe jabba palace ishi tib or human skiff guard. For ESB..yoda, jedi master game w/ dagobah training Luke
    I think I remember some furore over that. It's a shame, a glaring omission in the original run.

No. At least not that I am aware. They are simply talking about a name change. Instead of "Slave Leia" it will probably be called Jabba's prisoner or something along those lines.

^ in that case "Leia (Jabba's Palace)" should be the most PC name LOL

if mego had the right to SW figs, I would imagine the "outfit" would been silk-screened ala their 8" Wonder Woman "outfit https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/produ...utm_term=43841
    Last edited by R1G4R3PO; 08-27-2019 at 07:36 PM.

Iím sorry but that Wonder Woman looks horrid. Back on topic though. I did wish that Tarkin should have been packed with some better then a board game. I would have preferred the Palitoy Deathstar the reason is back a few years ago Hasbro rereleased the Cobra missile Command Headquarters that came out in 1982 as a Sears exclusive for SDCC. Even came with the 3 figures the original playset came with( Cobra Commander, officer and Soldier). It was a really good representation.

^ in that case "Leia (Jabba's Palace)" should be the most PC name LOL

if mego had the right to SW figs, I would imagine the "outfit" would been silk-screened ala their 8" Wonder Woman "outfit https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/produ...utm_term=43841
    Last edited by jedimasterc; 08-28-2019 at 04:09 AM.

This Tarkin figure is REALLY amazing. If you didnít know better, you would just assume Kenner had made a figure you forgot about or one you simply never owned.

As pack ins go, I donít hate the Escape From The Deathstar game. Although I owned it as a child and have zero recollection of playing it much ó which is NOT a good sign. My family LOVED games... .

Going forward, My FANTASY must buy to get a figure (when the retro line continues) would be a retro collectors carry case. You know... The vinyl kind with the trays and what not. Or that groovy plastic display stand they made in 1978. I think both of those would be well received.
    Last edited by MARK2D2; 08-28-2019 at 07:46 PM.
    Go check out my "Vintaged Up" custom SANDCRAWLER interiors in the Customizing Thread! My fist attempt at any such venture... And I think it looks pretty dang cool.
    http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1094836/#post19072819

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast