Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Princess Leia Organa - Retro Vintage

You guys do realize these will be larger than the originals right? So they will look somewhat out of scale if you want to display them alongside vintage.

Its the vinyl plastic cape that looks brand new and bigger than the old vinyl cape from back in the day

Was it said how much taller these are from the originals? I hope this is not the 5 inch line Hasbro has been hinting at.
    Last edited by jedimasterc; 02-19-2019 at 06:44 AM.

Who said these are bigger than the originals? If that was the case there would be no point in offering never before released characters such as Tarkin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    Iím sure AFA, CAS, and UKG are looking forward to all of the repro Leia blasters that will be soon sent in for grading...

Sure hope blaster and cape differ from the authentic vintage versions.
    Isn't that what they get paid to do? If they can't tell the difference between a vintage original and these new retros in a matter of seconds, they should probably be working elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Sunset View Post
    Who said these are bigger than the originals? If that was the case there would be no point in offering never before released characters such as Tarkin.

2019 International Toy Fair: Hasbro's Preview Event - The Retro Collection Presentation

Posted by D. Martin on February 16, 2019 at 01:33 PM CST

Hasbro will be producing a new line of action figures based on the classic Kenner action figures. Like the Boba Fett released in The Vintage Collection, these figures are new sculpts and are just a bit bigger than the originals. The line will offer newer collectors an alternative to the vintage market prices and gives collectors of the original line some new figures to fill in a hole left when the collection in 1985!

From Rebelscum main page

Here is a size comparison of the Fett they mentioned. While it may or may not be a deal-breaker there is definitely a noticeable difference if you plan on lining these up next to vintage.

Last edited by KeepFrozen; 02-19-2019 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KeepFrozen View Post

2019 International Toy Fair: Hasbro's Preview Event - The Retro Collection Presentation

Posted by D. Martin on February 16, 2019 at 01:33 PM CST

Hasbro will be producing a new line of action figures based on the classic Kenner action figures. Like the Boba Fett released in The Vintage Collection, these figures are new sculpts and are just a bit bigger than the originals. The line will offer newer collectors an alternative to the vintage market prices and gives collectors of the original line some new figures to fill in a hole left when the collection in 1985!

From Rebelscum main page
    I see. Thanks for clearing that up!

I'll be picking this Leia up!

As far as slightly bigger sizing is concerned, despite there being a difference, to me its negligible and not at all a deal-breaker, but YMMV.
    Last edited by saddestmoon; 02-22-2019 at 06:17 AM.

Definitely the MUST HAVE of the retro line for me. Though I suspect I will wind up collecting them all like I did years and years ago.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12