Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: New Retro Line

New Retro Line

Yakface is reporting that we'll be seeing a new retro line of Star Wars figures in the near future. No details ATM so it's totally open to speculation for the next 24hours.

Perhaps Hasbro is merging the 5POA figures into Vintage cards?

Thoughts or ideas?

And SA onto modern cards.

If SA becomes the 3.75 mainline, I'd be fine with this.
    My Flickr Action Figure Photography:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/144608631@N02/albums

Very interesting... This could be really cool if done right and carefully. I’d love to see new vintage style figures, ships, and play sets that were never made back in the day. Vintage packaging and vintage card backs with vintage style smaller bubbles would be a major bonus. I just don’t want to see already released vintage figures and playsets reissued....
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Makes a lot of sense for a certain demographic. The ReAction figures are an interesting product that seems to do OK, although I can't imagine they have sales numbers up where Hasbro would need theirs to be.

For me personally it's too little, too late. I had and sold all the 'real' ones already, including some very rare pieces. Nothing will ever compare, and a cheap-to-manufacture 5POA retro-style with basic paint apps sounds like what is likely to be on offer - doubtless at a not-cheap retail price.
    May you live in interesting times.

We've been discussing this on the forums for years - its crazy to think they're actually going for it, considering the collectors that will buy these might not be a large consumer group. Most vintage Kenner collectors will likely scoff at them and call it heresy, but I'm certainly open to it, because I love everything 3.75 from Kenner to modern. I'm just not sure if it will fly if they do non-OT characters.

I agree wholeheartedly!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    Very interesting... This could be really cool if done right and carefully. I’d love to see new vintage style figures, ships, and play sets that were never made back in the day. Vintage packaging and vintage card backs with vintage style smaller bubbles would be a major bonus. I just don’t want to see already released vintage figures and playsets reissued....
    I hope HASBRO finishes the original 92+ on the Vintage Collection Cards...(approx. 34 needed to complete it, depending on your certain point of view.)

Not my cup of tea if they are styled like the vintage era figures. Just more wasted slots that could have been new figures. Will most likely be saving some $$ here again. The Mattel Jurassic World line will get my business instead.
    Last edited by indysolo007; 02-15-2019 at 07:07 PM.

Such a small group that would really buy these so I don't see it happening.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing"
    -Darth Vader

I think they should stick with the fully articulated figures and then they will please everyone. Hasbro makes money, collectors are happy and so are the kids and parent's (an arm or leg pops off snap it back on) But look at how much the Barge raked in before it was actually a product.

All the possibilities expressed here sound promising but I would bet money that this is going to be ST era characters like Kylo, Rey and Poe done in a vintage style. Maybe some prequel or other Disney media figures as well. I definitely don't see them plugging holes from the original line, like RFT, Tarkin, and Slave Leia, because while that would please some fans, most wouldn't have the vintage figures to accompany them. I hope I'm wrong but I see them really screwing this up with poor character choice, at least to start. It will be the VC relaunch all over again, only this time it may die with wave one.
    Last edited by EmperorOne; 02-15-2019 at 08:51 PM.

Page 1 of 122 1231151101 ... LastLast