Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New Retro Line

If this is true, I am not at all surprised. My collecting buddy and I have always said that going back to re-do vintage would be their last cash grab. In the same conversation over 112 years ago, we predicted vintage cards and all of that too.

Am I the only one thinking this is a 6" line similar to the Marvel Legends retro line they started last year???

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    That really sucks if true. So Hasbro is sending the big FU to all of the vintage collectors. Might be a desperate cash grab before their license is up.
    Or help offset the high costs on new TVC product like the skiff... which if is really $50 is surprisingly lower than what the quality appears to be.

Quote Originally Posted by jediyuvraaj View Post
    Am I the only one thinking this is a 6" line similar to the Marvel Legends retro line they started last year???
    Probably. If the report is that they’re meant to fit in wth real vintage figures, they’ll have to be 3.75” scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenner76 View Post
    That really sucks if true. So Hasbro is sending the big FU to all of the vintage collectors. Might be a desperate cash grab before their license is up.
    That's an "FU to vintage collectors"? The "I have it so no one else can have it" mentality? Nice......

Quote Originally Posted by Lance_Quazar View Post
    That's an "FU to vintage collectors"? The "I have it so no one else can have it" mentality? Nice......
    Not exactly, I’m still working on my loose set. I just really care about this hobby and don’t feel the need to have to own everything. If someone can’t afford it, they probably don’t need it. Anyway, there is plenty of affordable vintage out there already.

I was thinking how this will ruin the value of the authentic vintage ones and once these get opened it will be harder to purchase authentic vintage figures and accessories online. There is enough confusion with repro accessories already.
    Last edited by Kenner76; 02-16-2019 at 07:57 AM.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Quote Originally Posted by JediDelight View Post
    Do you think copies or recreation like the Missile Firing Boba Fett? Boba looked like the vintage Kenner figure but was all new.
    If it's like that Boba Fett that would be cool, they managed to truely capture the Vintage feel.

We'll have to wait for details to be revealed, I doubt it would be 6" because they've done the vintage cards before and the reissues are coming on a modern card.

I'll wait and see what these are like but I think I'd rather have the basic line than this. But who knows, this time tomorrow I could be scraping the man glue off my pants that was spewed in my excitement.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Hanging out in a room with shelves full of stuff I can't admit to on a first date.

•    
    Quote Originally Posted by GNT View Post
    If it's like that Boba Fett that would be cool, they managed to truely capture the Vintage feel.

We'll have to wait for details to be revealed, I doubt it would be 6" because they've done the vintage cards before and the reissues are coming on a modern card.
    Probably this, also its a safe bet they'd just repaint that same vintage styled Fett in proto-white like they did for the TVC / BS repack figure.
    Co-host of 3 guys talking Star Wars toys at Kesel Run Collecting

always buying SA imp army builders, even beaters for a decent price.

I can't wait to see what they have and I'm all in on this .. I gave up on collecting modern fig's shortly after The Phantom Menace and have been disappointed with pretty much everything they've done ever since aside from some TVC vehicles. Reaction's figures are too heavy handed with huge hands and splayed feet … the last few POTF figures were beautifully sculpted and so much better than a lot of what Reaction have done .. Hasbro's retro line will rock as long as they stick to the design aesthetic of where the line was going in the early 80's rather than where it began in the late 70's although those first few figure waves have a real charm. Of course the naysayers will gnash their teeth but go collect something else if you're not happy with what you're seeing on the shelves .. the retro line will stand or fall based on how much money it makes and for the millions of collectors who've dreamed of a Tarkin, Gargan, etc, and beyond on their shelves this is a dream come true.
    Last edited by NewHopeCustoms; 02-16-2019 at 06:09 AM.

Page 3 of 122 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast