Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New Retro Line

Isn't "retro" what they've been doing since they dropped articulation points beyond the basic 5?
    I mean sure SA figures are still available, but at a ridiculous price.

So the vintage style cards drive the cost of an articulated figure up? So now we are going to waste vintage style cards on old timey looking figures? How much will these cost? $5 Below here we come!

This sounds like a bad idea no matter what they release, and it pisses me off. It's another f***ing gimmick load of crap.

Heard it from a friend in HK that Hasbro will release copied versions of the first 12 figures including the original cardbacks. It may not be taken well by purist collectors.

Quote Originally Posted by corellian2 View Post
    Heard it from a friend in HK that Hasbro will release copied versions of the first 12 figures including the original cardbacks. It may not be taken well by purist collectors.
    Do you think copies or recreation like the Missile Firing Boba Fett? Boba looked like the vintage Kenner figure but was all new.

I'm intrigued, but it really depends on how far they plan to go with it. I'm hoping they mix in some never-before-made vintage styled figures right off the bat just to keep things fresh. Or at least mix up the offerings and don't just give us reissues of the first 21 action figures.

Also, if they expand into vehicles, then can we finally get the vintage A-Wing mold released in a vintage ROTJ box?
    Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split. - Robert E. Howard

At least one never before made old school character will be in this line but may be a pack in.... and heavy emphasis on the movie that started it all....

Quote Originally Posted by CHEWIE View Post
    At least one never before made old school character will be in this line but may be a pack in.... and heavy emphasis on the movie that started it all....
    I'm so excited, I cant wait to see these. I gave up on collecting Hasbro action figures about a year ago and started collecting Kotobukiya 1/10 scale figures. These will definitely pull me back in. I grew up in the 70's playing with the original vintage figures, so the nostalgia factor is through the roof for me.
    Last edited by scoobacca; 02-15-2019 at 10:58 PM.
    -Craig

Quote Originally Posted by JediDelight View Post
    Do you think copies or recreation like the Missile Firing Boba Fett? Boba looked like the vintage Kenner figure but was all new.
    I guess with everything else Hasbro did in the past, as far as revisiting old concepts are concerned, they usually start off with the "first 12" characters and see where the market goes. If it does well, they might consider our requests.

Quote Originally Posted by corellian2 View Post
    That really sucks if true. So Hasbro is sending the big FU to all of the vintage collectors. Might be a desperate cash grab before their license is up.
    Wanted: Jawa sample proofs,a textured cape Leia, and any Boushh proofs. I'm also currently looking for a 21 ESB back Leia Organa proof. I have cash and many great trade items!
    My Feedback:http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1070625/

Page 2 of 88 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast