Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: New 'kenner style retro 3.75" Star Wars line coming...

The only playset or vehicles I can think of would be a bantha , all plastic , same as wampa or dewback (no fake hair) Possibly the carbon freeze chamber but not make frozen Han so we can use the original from slave one to go with it . Maybe the Emperors throne room from ROTJ. They could even pull off a cardboard backdrop like the land of the jawas, and a Plastic throne. I do like Hoth, so maybe a command center with the clear plastic screens could be fun.

They pretty much covered the rest of the vehicles and playsets the first time around. I never understood why they didn't release a Banta when it did have plenty of coverage in the film.

Figures, maybe make 17 and call them the new 17. And instead of coins, maybe some form of hologram insert

Slave Leia
    Tarkin
    Sandtrooper
    Stormtrooper Han
    Treadwell (droid)
    Rebel soldiers from the first scene from ANH
    Twins sisters from the cantina scene
    Cantina bar keep
    Maybe a couple more ewoks
    Y wing pilot
    Wedge (in x wing pilot)

What else am I missing.
    Last edited by toyman941; 02-15-2019 at 06:15 PM.
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

If they do this I hope they go back to hand sculpted figures instead of digital, the way they do everything else now. Super7 does it that way, and they feel more authentically vintage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kylash327 View Post
    If they do this I hope they go back to hand sculpted figures instead of digital, the way they do everything else now. Super7 does it that way, and they feel more authentically vintage.
    Super7 ?

Sorry, can you explain. I do wish to get into customs for my own collection . I used to customize NFL McFarlane figures, and I would sculpt my own pieces to fit at times.

Is this a custom guy that I can view or read up on?

Thanks, and sorry if I asked a silly question
    F.S.C.M.E. Vintage Toy Collector. TOYMANS FEEDBACK http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1113796/

I thought they might do something like this for Haslab, release the characters in vintage style that we never got ( how many times does Wedge have to save the galaxy before he gets a toy ?? )

I hope they don't remake characters we already have. I also collect Transformers and with the countless reissues its hard to tell what's what, it also severely effects the value of the original line.

HA! Poor Wedge. I agree that no repros of previous figures need to be made, and I'm very excited / nervous to see what's to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trenchrun View Post
    I thought they might do something like this for Haslab, release the characters in vintage style that we never got ( how many times does Wedge have to save the galaxy before he gets a toy ?? )

I hope they don't remake characters we already have. I also collect Transformers and with the countless reissues its hard to tell what's what, it also severely effects the value of the original line.
    I hope HASBRO finishes the original 92+ on the Vintage Collection Cards...(approx. 34 needed to complete it, depending on your certain point of view.)

People need to stop being negative Nancies about this. Even if 50% OT figures, I am buying doubles. One for display and the other to open. I am thinking we are at least getting B-88, Rey and Kylo. I think a Tarkin is high on the list. I'm sure even prequel Anakin will be a choice.
    Last edited by lotjx; 02-15-2019 at 07:58 PM.

If done really right Hasbro could make a mint on this! Besides the obvious....How about a nice vintage 2 pack with 8 yr old Anikin w Padme?(w giant flimsy bubbles)((oh...and a pseudo kb sticker upper right corner w red ink slash/sale price)). Possibilities endless- now to make a Jar Jar look vintage will be tough but not impossible- maybe put him in a onesie as well(lol snowtrooper 1138)
    Last edited by BTD2; 02-15-2019 at 08:27 PM.

I would not mind reissues as long as there are some notable differences. Han should have blue legs, r2 a correct headsculpt...

[sorry my photos are sideways never uploaded and cant figure out how to fix just yet.... But i would love to see original sculpts in this line but augmented like this...
    https://forum.rebelscum.com/#
    Last edited by Lobotscomb; 02-15-2019 at 09:15 PM.

Can't stop the moving train however , if they reissue figures, the dates on the legs shouldn't even be there.

At this point we have no idea unless there has been a prototype picture leak. Could be POTF2 for all we know.

Page 2 of 66 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast