Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: which NON last 17 figures are the most aggravating for you to find?

Quote Originally Posted by dianogagreen View Post
    I love the Dignitary! He can do Tai Chi moves without even needing a stand! (Seriously--he's one of my favorite POTF!)
    i love him too!
    id love him more though if he didn't cost so damn much.
    lando's not a man he's a power blaster

For me it was Death Star Droid. Very difficult to find it nice and shiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenchrun View Post
    For me it was Death Star Droid. Very difficult to find it nice and shiny.
    Death Star Droid and R5D4 are the most difficult to find if you are picky about condition hands down. While neither is rare, ive had to upgrade them several times until I was satisfied. Same goes for the dignitary and Luke Jedi, i refuse to have poop nose examples in my collection. Its such a pet peeve.

I think that issue plagues many loose collectors. For me, deco is the main aspect of a good figure, so I wont add heavily worn figures to my collection. Sometimes it can take years to track down a sample that I find suitable. I suppose that's part of the "thrill of the hunt", but it can also be a daunting task.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobotscomb View Post
    Death Star Droid and R5D4 are the most difficult to find if you are picky about condition hands down. While neither is rare, ive had to upgrade them several times until I was satisfied. Same goes for the dignitary and Luke Jedi, i refuse to have poop nose examples in my collection. Its such a pet peeve.
    oh god i know it! i upgraded jedi luke a while back and ended up duped with a repro palace blaster but got a snap cloak out of it thoguh his nose STILL has a tny rub it isnt as bad as before.

Quote Originally Posted by speederfan View Post
    I think scarcity(not sure how to really determine that) compared to the first 79 figures and the fact a lot of us lost interest in collecting Star Wars figures after ROTJ came out has led to the demand for the Last 17. I can't pay the money these figures are bringing just to try and complete a complete set. I have been able to purchase a few that I really wanted by selling some of my original duplicates from the original run.
    I actually believe the fact they warmed the pegs back in the day has led to the demand for them currently if that makes sense.
    For me, personally, it was a case where I remember seeing every one of them on the pegs, in TRU & KB, but only being allowed to get some of them before my parents simply wouldn't let us by SW toys anymore, because it was "out of style." Luckily, I managed to get my two most wanted figures, Han in Carbonite (only saw this one once, the day I got it) & Amanaman before the end was forced on me. I was missing Stormy Luke until about 19 years ago, when I got him in a comics shop for close to $200. The final four I needed, Imp. Dignitary, Imp. Gunner, EV-9D9, & Romba, remained missing from my collection until last year, and it cost me close to $1,000 to get all four, in part because a complete, intact EV-9D9 doesn't come cheap on ebay. And Yak Face - I saw one in a comics shop in the late 90's for $300 LOOSE - can't find even one like that for a reasonable price on ebay these days, and I refuse to get one of those knockoffs. Since he was never available in the US anyway, I consider my collection complete, as I'd have never had a shot at him as a kid anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bob_solo View Post
    For me, personally, it was a case where I remember seeing every one of them on the pegs, in TRU & KB, but only being allowed to get some of them before my parents simply wouldn't let us by SW toys anymore, because it was "out of style." Luckily, I managed to get my two most wanted figures, Han in Carbonite (only saw this one once, the day I got it) & Amanaman before the end was forced on me. I was missing Stormy Luke until about 19 years ago, when I got him in a comics shop for close to $200. The final four I needed, Imp. Dignitary, Imp. Gunner, EV-9D9, & Romba, remained missing from my collection until last year, and it cost me close to $1,000 to get all four, in part because a complete, intact EV-9D9 doesn't come cheap on ebay. And Yak Face - I saw one in a comics shop in the late 90's for $300 LOOSE - can't find even one like that for a reasonable price on ebay these days, and I refuse to get one of those knockoffs. Since he was never available in the US anyway, I consider my collection complete, as I'd have never had a shot at him as a kid anyway.
    great bob! always good when you can get most of them hunted down.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011