View Poll Results: Where do you stand on the latest Star Wars show?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's good, I've enjoyed watching it & will continue to watch it

7 26.92%
  • Neutral - Very middle ground, dont like or hate it

5 19.23%
  • Bad! Why did they make this show?

8 30.77%
  • Not watching it period!

6 23.08%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Poll - SW: Resistance - Your thoughts on the show?

Post Poll - SW: Resistance - Your thoughts on the show?

Where do you stand on the latest Star Wars show - Resistance? Vote in the below poll and let us know what you think.

Don't like that or rebels even clone wars was bad. More fuel for rhe merch machine.

I've watched this from the beginning. It feels very slow going, but maybe Rebels and TCW were the same way - I can't remember. I think I prefer TCW and Rebels to this so far, partly because I like jedi/sith lore, and partly because you knew what the stakes were in each of those shows. With Resistance, only now are we beginning to understand why anything in the show means a damn thing.
    There is a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in
    - Leonard Cohen

Pretty enjoyable show with a slow build. Tonight's episode was a big step forward plot-wise. Kaz is a bit of a buffoon but that's pretty typical for anime. Neeku is pretty lovable and is the type of person that's super naive but happy and you don't want to shatter their world.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Despite saying I wouldn't, I did give it a fair go and watched it up until the predictable episode where the baby blob thing had a gigantic mother sea creature come to get it.

I have now given up and won't go back; life is too short to waste time on this. It is the first time I have ever done so with any form of on-screen Star Wars production.

The only positive was seeing a mixture of PT/OT and ST races in the same place at the same time. Why the films cannot do this with the exception of humans and Wookiees I have no idea. It doesn't matter if they are in a different part of the galaxy if the races are spacefaring, surely?

The over-reaction and facial expressions of Kaz were annoying but understandable given the Anime heritage. Neeku is a childish and one-dimensional character. The annoying female engineer with the terrible fake 'Mockney' accent made my eyes roll every time she came on the screen.

I gave it 'Bad' I'm afraid.
    Last edited by darthsatan; 02-11-2019 at 07:42 AM.
    May you live in interesting times.

More apathetic than "I"m not watching it!"...

The impression of this offering is that it’s… one of the most generic, pedestrian and forgettable as they come… haven’t even bothered o give it a peek, so I have no opinion of its story. At least it fits in consistently and perfectly with the bland, generic impression of this Sequel era.

Rebels was one huge banal blur, with absolutely nothing fresh or interesting to contribute in SWlore. It feels all like an aimless first draft.

TCW… Such a ht-and-miss, brimming with so much potentail. More misses than hits—but when it did manage to hit, it hit hard and wonderfully; thoughtful, inventive, and imaginative storytelling that managed to evoke a sense of grandeur and woldbuilding that easily outdid anything George wrangled and mangled together for his Prequel; characters that for a “cartoon”, are actually not the least cartoony. How Prequel-films jerks like Anakin, Obi-Wan and Mace are actually developed into complex individuals is a pure joy to experience. With TCW-exlsuives Ahsoka and Asaj being two of the best SW-characters ever introduced; and action sets with such flair and dynamic eloquence that easily leave any of the Prequel/Sequl ones in the dust. And the animation-style— although still not a personal preference, absolutely got better with every Season.

Unfortunately, the designs for the most part are rather tacky and uninspired, but given that it’s on a much tighter budget and production time constraints than its movie-counterparts, I can forgive its tacky designs. Given the opportunity to produce a much more adult-oreitned show, or films, Dave and his team would likely work wonders to rival the OT.

I watched the episodes to the half season break - I had to watch them via "unsolicited" channels? (You know what I mean) .. to be able to see them.

They are not that exciting in the Star Wars universe - they don't seem to fit in.
    If it wasn't for the Star Wars name, it could have been just a show about the everyday life of racers in spacecrafts on an oil rig.
    And the main guy, Kaz, probably end up being one of the greater heroes of the galaxy or something. But I can't be bothered to watch it unfold anymore.

I can't even see how it would hold the interest of kids if the true reason for the short original trilogy shorts is because of short attention span.
    But even that, it's just not very exciting to watch it, after having watched 8 (I think) episodes.

The style of the animation I actually liked. Think I might be one of the very few who do.

They could have done a lot better and drawn from a more exciting era - have it done as a kind of holocron tales,
    perhaps even narrated by a jedi master of old. Sort of like the Storyteller with John Hurt. I'm sure that would have gathered a higher interest.
    Last edited by Oofa; 02-11-2019 at 01:55 PM.
    "Without respect - we reject!"

My custom Hoth Rebel Turret thread

Quote Originally Posted by darthsatan View Post
    Despite saying I wouldn't, I did give it a fair go and watched it up until the predictable episode where the baby blob thing had a gigantic mother sea creature come to get it.

I have now given up and won't go back; life is too short to waste time on this. It is the first time I have ever done so with any form of on-screen Star Wars production.

The only positive was seeing a mixture of PT/OT and ST races in the same place at the same time. Why the films cannot do this with the exception of humans and Wookiees I have no idea. It doesn't matter if they are in a different part of the galaxy if the races are spacefaring, surely?

The over-reaction and facial expressions of Kaz were annoying but understandable given the Anime heritage. Neeku is a childish and one-dimensional character. The annoying female engineer with the terrible fake 'Mockney' accent made my eyes roll every time she came on the screen.

I gave it 'Bad' I'm afraid.
    Seriously, watch the 2 episodes since the sea monster.
    OT,PT,ST,RO,TPM,AOTC,ROTS,ANH,ESB,ROTJ,TFA,TLJ.... .STOP THE ABBREVIATION MADNESS!!! We are one abbreviation away from being scientologists. Now is the time to join The Abbreviation Resistance Movement!!!

Yeah, the show literally steps up two notches since the sea monster episode.
    Naughtiest lines in Star Wars:
    You came in that thing?! You're braver than I thought!
    Luke, at that speed will we be able to pull out in time?
    Back door huh? Good idea.

I'm not watching, but it's not exactly a conscious choice. I just kinda keep forgetting it exists.
    Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast